Atlas II 4.3
Currie HP 9"ers Front and Rear 4.88s ARB frt. DL rear
1" BL and MM
36" SS TSL SXs
Some other misc mods that help this TJ crawl.:D
Glad to have found this sight.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
hey wayne it is about time you got here.....its spence from the outlaw club......blue zuk with swampers..... welcome to the dark side.....of the mountains.....:D

WJL

I found it on Rockcrawler.com off a post from a kid moving from GA to UT.

Hi spence I thaught it was you but not 100%. Hey why don't the Outlaws mention anything about AF Canyon. Don't you guys run it or what (info)? It looks like a nice trail run.

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
My Name is Tobin Gardner. I've got a yellow 82 Toyota Truck. I put a 4" suspension and a 2" body lift on so I could run my 33x12.50 TSL Radials on 15x8 black rockcrawlers without rubbing. I have a popright in the rear, open in front. I recently got the 4.7 transfer case gear set to preserve my Downey Super Clutch II, both of which were made possible with the help of SuperRunner. Finally bobbed 19.5" off the very long bed.

Oh, I'm 19 years old. Just got married to a 24 year old and we now live out in Draper, UT. We got her a very clean and very stock 87 4Runner that will be getting slowly modified soon with her help. (gotta teach the chicks) Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing, that's really why I need her help!:confused: :)

Enviormentalists suck!!! Check out Blueribbion Coalition!

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
wilkommen!!:D

as usual we require pics of your rig, your wife:D , and any pets that you might have......ohh and do you have a tube bender i can borrow for a month or so:D

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Thanks for the welcome!

I am working on the pictures. I am having some problems getting them from my digital video camera to my computer. Hopefully soon! I do have a tube bender but I don't think it's worth a trip from Ogden being that it is a Harbor Freight. Still, many awesome rigs have been build using it. My wife just got it for my last birthday so I am still learning how to use it.

hey everyone. my name is Brian. im from good ol New Hampshire. up were all that mud and rusty vehicles are. my vehicle is a 1968 Jeep/Kaiser M-715 with a chevy 250 I-6 mated to a sm-465 transmission with a np-200 divorced t-case. Dana 60 front and dana 70 rear with 5:87gears are strong enough to handle all the stress the rocky mountains have to offer. my final crawl ratio is 74:1 (that's stock). my jeep's been converted to 12 volts and has 9.00-16 muddin tires (about 33 by 9) mounted on military split rims. the roof and cargo top are both home-made. i drove this beast all the way from New Hampshire for college at weber State Univ. toyota t-10 program. my suspension isnt that great so my truck is pretty Novice, but i plan to change that eventually. i met this crazy guy who goes by the name of yellowjacket who hooked me up with this website. pictures are coming soon!:D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Cool Brian, your rig sounds pretty unique! Get those pics up! You must belong here, if you're driving that thing from New Hampshire!

Whats Weber's Toyota T-10 program?

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Good to see you on Bri! The T-TEN program stands for Toyota Technical Education Network. We are both taking it which will end us up with an Associates of Applied Science degree. We have classes like Toyota engines, Toyota electricity, Toyota brakes, etc.

His rig is so sweet though. I was going to persuade him to get a Toy but it would be hard to part with that thing, especially being so clean! (NO RUST)

BRBx4

whats up. i am brad and live in boulder, co. i got an 884runner thats got a solid toy front, longfields,crossover, allpro fronts, chevys, bobbed, 190:1,38's, beadlocks, locked, exo'd, wrinkled, all work by me. thats about it, this seems like a cool site. we do mostlycolorado trails, but get to moab at least once a year. have a good one---brad

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Originally posted by yellowjacket
Good to see you on Bri! The T-TEN program stands for Toyota Technical Education Network. We are both taking it which will end us up with an Associates of Applied Science degree. We have classes like Toyota engines, Toyota electricity, Toyota brakes, etc.

Hey yellowjacket what the cost of that program? When I was in high school I went on a tour up there. I've always been interested in the program. Now that i'm almost out of the Army and have the means to finance my education I'm trying to figure out where I want to go with what money I have.

And building a mean 22R for my truck would rule :D

Hey, whats up guys. Happened across the BB a few minutes ago and decided to register.

I don't live anywhere near the Rockies, but what the fawk, tech is tech and wheelin' is wheelin' :D I'm a member at POR, JU (yeah yeah, I know...:rolleyes: ), NAXJA, and I post a few times at Jason West's Jeepin.com site.

Here's my junk posing...

fd946639.jpg

fd9366c9.jpg

Running RE 4.5" front coils (netted me 5" total), RE SuperFlex LCAs, RE adjustable trac-bar, 6" rear composed of mushy 3" Rusty's leaves, homemade 1.5" block, and 1.5" shackles. Shocks are TeraFlex long travel TJs, slightly modified in the rear. 33x10.5 MT/ KMs on TJ Canyons, homemade front bumper, onboard tools and recovery gear, removeable front doors, GDI 3-Core conversion, and an air in-take round up most of the "mods".

In the works is a custom rear bumper w/ reciever, belly-up skid, custom rock rails, and a hybrid crossover for the stock 30. All of the work will be done by me and Andy Zuber at Carolina Rock Shop here in Charlotte. I'm also planning a rear 44 w/ 4.56s and a Detroit when the 35c spits, as well as 4.56s, LockRight, 297s and shafts and disco eliminator for the front 30. Just waiting to break something.:D

Cheers!

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Economos-

Welcome to RME! We're not going to run you off because your not from the area.........well, we might......:eek: Sounds like your XJ is built right!! When you going to bring it to Moab??

Originally posted by Greg
Economos-

Welcome to RME! We're not going to run you off because your not from the area.........well, we might......:eek: Sounds like your XJ is built right!! When you going to bring it to Moab??

Thanks man!

Man, I tell ya, me and a few friends are hoping to make it out to EJS one of these days. Been talking about renting a Ryder to sleep in and hauling the rigs on a tounge trailer behind. Can you say Road Trip!:cool: :D

Still needs more mods though; Moab would cripple my junk right now.:D

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Hey I did 4+ rated trails in Moab with my chermut with nothing more than a popright in the front. I have since changed over to TOY but thats beside the point. Load em up and head on out :D

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Originally posted by trd270

Hey yellowjacket what the cost of that program? When I was in high school I went on a tour up there. I've always been interested in the program. Now that i'm almost out of the Army and have the means to finance my education I'm trying to figure out where I want to go with what money I have.

And building a mean 22R for my truck would rule :D
The Toyota program is about $1,200 a semester, books for this first semester have totaled about $20, and I commute from Draper. It's hard but worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.