Is it ok to have a "make light of" thread?

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I know. I accidentally left my bottle on overnght and when I remembered I got sad about the mortgage I was going to take out to fill it again.
Did that once in the middle of a welding job on a Friday Night.... Lucky customer got the rest of their rack TIG welded for no extra charge because all I had left was a straight Argon bottle and nobody is open on the weekends.

The_Lobbster

Did that once in the middle of a welding job on a Friday Night.... Lucky customer got the rest of their rack TIG welded for no extra charge because all I had left was a straight Argon bottle and nobody is open on the weekends.
You don’t have keys to the shop at work? 😉

STAG

On my grind
When you steal some of your dads whiskey, you just add a little bit of water back in. Same applies for C25, right? ;)

When I was 16 I was working in Lehi doing some excavation trench labor.

I didn’t bring a water with me and it was a hot summer day. I decided I’d steal some water from the excavator operator’s jug (clear plastic water jug). I decided I’d just steal just enough to where he wouldn’t notice the level was lower.

Well, I must have been more thirsty than I thought, because I drank enough that I thought “oh crap, he is definitely going to notice that much gone, I better fill it back up a bit”.

The only source of water that was quickly nearby, was a fire hydrant. I thought, I’ll just put a little in and he’ll never notice.

Wrong.

I learned that day that even though fire hydrants are often plumbed with culinary/drinking water, hydrant water rusts inside the hydrant.

I added brown water to his clear plastic jug.

He noticed.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

I didn’t bring a water with me and it was a hot summer day. I decided I’d steal some water from the excavator operator’s jug (clear plastic water jug). I decided I’d just steal just enough to where he wouldn’t notice the level was lower.

Well, I must have been more thirsty than I thought, because I drank enough that I thought “oh crap, he is definitely going to notice that much gone, I better fill it back up a bit”.

The only source of water that was quickly nearby, was a fire hydrant. I thought, I’ll just put a little in and he’ll never notice.

Wrong.

I learned that day that even though fire hydrants are often plumbed with culinary/drinking water, hydrant water rusts inside the hydrant.

He noticed.
Good thing you have that outrageously sized yeti now 🤣

jeeper

DumpStor Owner

Wrong.

He noticed.

The clear solution here was just for you to open the hydrant, let it run for a second, and then take all the drink you wanted.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
$1,000 used to be a decent amount of money. Now it gets you a bottle of argon and a water-cooled TIG torch and some tungsten. :(

View attachment 163989
Gees. I was just quoted about the same price for a new tank. My shop will allow me to trade in my current, smaller tank for the same value as a new tank of that same size. Plus, the first fill in the new tank is free.
I guess inflation isn’t as bad here?

STAG

On my grind
Gees. I was just quoted about the same price for a new tank. My shop will allow me to trade in my current, smaller tank for the same value as a new tank of that same size. Plus, the first fill in the new tank is free.
I guess inflation isn’t as bad here?
Where at? Both places I talked to definitely charged for the first fill.

One quote was a 5-year bottle lease at a flat rate of $250 for the lease, plus fills.

One quote was a rental of I think about $13/month, indefinitely, plus fills.

I opted to buy outright again for the $400.

The bottle that came with the welder I bought ended up being on a lease and basically nothing I could do with it so the guy gave me $100 back for the bottle. (It turned out to be empty anyways) but $100 doesn’t really soften the blow of having to get a new bottle.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Where at? Both places I talked to definitely charged for the first fill.

One quote was a 5-year bottle lease at a flat rate of $250 for the lease, plus fills.

One quote was a rental of I think about $13/month, indefinitely, plus fills.

I opted to buy outright again for the $400.

The bottle that came with the welder I bought ended up being on a lease and basically nothing I could do with it so the guy gave me $100 back for the bottle. (It turned out to be empty anyways) but $100 doesn’t really soften the blow of having to get a new bottle.
Arizona.

Pike2350

Got to love the price 🤣 and the last line of the add. "Text if more pictures are needed" 3 pics of the interior only. Also, this was posted under the Rockcrawlers section. Not sure if it was posted in the general Cars section.

Thursty

Got to love the price 🤣 and the last line of the add. "Text if more pictures are needed" 3 pics of the interior only. Also, this was posted under the Rockcrawlers section. Not sure if it was posted in the general Cars section.

Here’s the KSLcars ad. Two exterior pictures only and not much other information. I guess if you combine both ads you get a better idea of the truck. 😂
Looks like a sweet truck though!

1978 Ford F-250
https://cars.ksl.com/listing/8828544