I've joined the DARK SIDE...........

jp008

I started the rear 44 swap last night. Tonight when I got home I decided if I'm running 36" IROKS and moving the rear axle back 6" I need more room for the tires. So I started Chopping.

Bwahaaaahaaaahaaa..

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I'm thinking of doing the same where did you reroute the gas filler hose?
But i'm still a long ways away from there. just got the rear 44 bolted in. :rolleyes:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
jp008 said:
I started the rear 44 swap last night. Tonight when I got home I decided if I'm running 36" IROKS and moving the rear axle back 6" I need more room for the tires. So I started Chopping.

Bwahaaaahaaaahaaa..

The first cut is the hardest

jp008

Portrnrzuk said:
I'm thinking of doing the same where did you reroute the gas filler hose?
But i'm still a long ways away from there. just got the rear 44 bolted in. :rolleyes:

Fuel cell in the bed area. My original fuel tank will NOT fit since the rear axle is pushed back 6".

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
jp008 said:
I was going to do that but I heard Shawn was going to repaint his like that so I decided against it. :rofl: :rofl:

Out of curiosity, how do you move the axle back 6"?

Do you extend your frame and bolt the shackles to the end there? But that wouldn't help much with your departure angle... Or are you converting to coils in the rear?

Just curious. :)

jp008

tweakeyjeep said:
Out of curiosity, how do you move the axle back 6"?

Do you extend your frame and bolt the shackles to the end there? But that wouldn't help much with your departure angle... Or are you converting to coils in the rear?

Just curious. :)

XJ rear springs in the factory mounting location and a small frame extension for the shackle. With the tires I am installing I might have a 75* departure angle. When I get to that point I will post the pics. It will be about the same or better than a sami on 33's.

BTW the XJ's will be mounted with the shackle side as the hanger side (backwards). I will be installing a anti-wrap, traction, torque bar as well.

Did I miss a name?

jp008

Hickey said:
It looks from the pictures, like he is planning to extend the frame.

DING DING DING........................

Johnny, tell him what he has won.

Well Spanky he and a guest has won a night in the garage with the one and only Shawn. With this prize package comes some really cool fabrication and some........believe it or not.............PROGRESS!!!!!!!! Britney (the Jeep) has been in the garage way too long and needs some TLC. So this night is dedicated to the one you love and adore.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
jp008 said:
XJ rear springs in the factory mounting location and a small frame extension for the shackle. With the tires I am installing I might have a 75* departure angle. When I get to that point I will post the pics. It will be about the same or better than a sami on 33's.

BTW the XJ's will be mounted with the shackle side as the hanger side (backwards). I will be installing a anti-wrap, traction, torque bar as well.

Did I miss a name?

Thats cool! :) I want to extend my wheelbase, but not until I get a new daily driver. I'll have to do some major cutting to my rear quarter panels... Hmmm... First cut sounds hard! :D

Caleb

tweakeyjeep said:
Thats cool! :) I want to extend my wheelbase, but not until I get a new daily driver. I'll have to do some major cutting to my rear quarter panels... Hmmm... First cut sounds hard! :D

BTW, you can use waggy springs both front and rear and put TJ flares on and not have to loose the rear quarter panel...with the waggy spring front and rear you will gain about 4"...FWIW (almost bolt on mod for YJs :D)

jp008

supergper said:
BTW, you can use waggy springs both front and rear and put TJ flares on and not have to loose the rear quarter panel...with the waggy spring front and rear you will gain about 4"...FWIW (almost bolt on mod for YJs :D)

:D Cool
I wanted the extra wheelbase and I wanted at least a 35" tire. Besides I don't mind a little chopping. I'm sure someday it will have virtually no sheetmetal.

BTW I got the rear frame extension and bumper on. I have fabbed the shackle hangers but have not installed them yet. I'll post more pics when I get things a little closer.

Thanks for the replies.