I've joined the DARK SIDE...........

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
supergper said:
BTW, you can use waggy springs both front and rear and put TJ flares on and not have to loose the rear quarter panel...with the waggy spring front and rear you will gain about 4"...FWIW (almost bolt on mod for YJs :D)

Whoa Caleb,

You're a smart guy! :D I gotta come hang out around you more often...

Tell me this again, get some Stock Waggy Springs (these will extend my wheelbase? Or do I have to lengthen the frame as well?). How well do they flex/articulate, how well is the ride?

Do you know how much more it will lengthen my wheelbase? Have you seen my bro's CYJ-7 since it left Rocklogic? I wanna cut my rear fenders how they cut his, and put the TJ Flares on, I think that would also help right?

Thanks for the info, you're making me want to change my plans all around now! :D

Caleb

jp008 said:
:D Cool
I wanted the extra wheelbase and I wanted at least a 35" tire. Besides I don't mind a little chopping. I'm sure someday it will have virtually no sheetmetal.

BTW I got the rear frame extension and bumper on. I have fabbed the shackle hangers but have not installed them yet. I'll post more pics when I get things a little closer.

Thanks for the replies.

oops, actually I was refering to YJs...my bad...

Tweaky-you need stock front waggy springs...they bolt right in to your stock locations...the center pin is offset so you gain wheelbase and by doing it front and rear you gain even more...I would say the flex is quite good, a lot of the toy guys use these in the front and it is also kinda common on Jeeps too...you *may* need a little longer shackle but since you already have the aftermarket ones you are prolly good...a stock waggy is almost like a 2.5" wrangler spring as far as lift goes...BTW if you are interested I have a set of fornt waggy springs I'd sell...:D (sorry to hi-jack Jp008:p)

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
supergper said:
oops, actually I was refering to YJs...my bad...

Tweaky-you need stock front waggy springs...they bolt right in to your stock locations...the center pin is offset so you gain wheelbase and by doing it front and rear you gain even more...I would say the flex is quite good, a lot of the toy guys use these in the front and it is also kinda common on Jeeps too...you *may* need a little longer shackle but since you already have the aftermarket ones you are prolly good...a stock waggy is almost like a 2.5" wrangler spring as far as lift goes...BTW if you are interested I have a set of fornt waggy springs I'd sell...:D (sorry to hi-jack Jp008:p)

I'm interested, but... Don't have cash right now... I'll PM ya in maybe a month or so about them, if you don't have them, no biggie. Thanks for the offer.