Jeep Jeep JL Wrangler reveal

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Jeep will be revealing the next generation Wrangler, the JL at the LA Auto Show in 90 minutes. From what I've been reading and seeing, this looks to be another great step forward in making the Wrangler platform even more capable, while increasing comfort and mileage over the previous JK model.

See the reveal here- https://www.jeep.com/reveal/index.html

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
It does look pretty nice. Will be cool to see more JK's become the vehicle like TJ's became when the JK came out; with more people not afraid to get a scratch or dent on the trail.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It does look pretty nice. Will be cool to see more JK's become the vehicle like TJ's became when the JK came out; with more people not afraid to get a scratch or dent on the trail.

I'm sure it's a matter of time, but I have seen plenty of JK's getting scratched up on the trail. Mine included! My passenger front fender has a pretty good sized scratch on it from my Moab trip a few weeks ago. :rofl:

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I liked it. Improve on a few things and don't screw it up. I still want the truck with the diesel that pulls down 30 MPG (or close to it)

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I'm sure it's a matter of time, but I have seen plenty of JK's getting scratched up on the trail. Mine included! My passenger front fender has a pretty good sized scratch on it from my Moab trip a few weeks ago. :rofl:

Yeah for sure, there will always be those people that buy a vehicle brand new and then have it on the trail before it even has 500 miles lol, but even with the JK's soccer mom and mall crawler jokes, I do appreciate a built JK ha

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I thought he said Magnesium rear door, the article says aluminum doors and rear. I'd love a diesel getting 30mpg with the 6 speed. :greg:

He said aluminum doors, and magnesium rear door in the video, but who knows which one is accurate.

RockChucker

I'm waiting to see if the ring gear is welded to the carrier like the newer Rams are....pretty much makes those factory axles worthless if that is the case. They might carry the same D30/35/44 moniker, but that doesn't mean the carrier will be the same. Might be a difficult job to regear those babies.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I'd like to see electric efficiency and solar panel technology increase to the point of 100% solar panel vehicle operation. That would be perfect for a vehicle like an electric Wrangler. I bet within the next 10 years we start creating some vehicle bodies out of 100% carbon fiber with aluminum sub frames where it's needed. I can see steel being less than about 5% or so of a vehicles weight in the future. Would be awesome for exploring to have a vehicle that doesn't completely rely on hitting a gas station every 400 miles.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'd like to see electric efficiency and solar panel technology increase to the point of 100% solar panel vehicle operation. That would be perfect for a vehicle like an electric Wrangler. I bet within the next 10 years we start creating some vehicle bodies out of 100% carbon fiber with aluminum sub frames where it's needed. I can see steel being less than about 5% or so of a vehicles weight in the future. Would be awesome for exploring to have a vehicle that doesn't completely rely on hitting a gas station every 400 miles.

I agree. I think 100% solar reliance is way off, but I'm looking forward to an electric vehicle rugged and capable enough for the backcountry and efficient enough that running the batteries down in a day of exploring isn't a worry. Solar generation on the vehicle will probably be a big part of that.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
I agree. I think 100% solar reliance is way off, but I'm looking forward to an electric vehicle rugged and capable enough for the backcountry and efficient enough that running the batteries down in a day of exploring isn't a worry.

I dunno, even battery technology has came leaps and bounds in the last 15 years. I mean I don't expect a vehicle to be able to drive 100% of the time that a solar panel is receiving power, but like if a vehicle could 'commute' to a campsite, or office, say 2 hours a day or so, while receiving solar recharge for about 10-12 hours a day? (Obviously parked in optimal conditions) I dunno, maybe I'm just optimistic on technological advances in the next decade, or not even so much as the technology advancement, as much as finding the means to make current technology more affordable and mass manufacturable to become commonplace in mass produced vehicles that can be a realistic purchase for a middle-class consumer.

Last edited: