Kennecott Copper Mine Roads

jester

I used to work up there too until I got kicked off property......Those pics of the haul truck don't do them any justice.

jester

Kind of a long story. I worked for Sterling K.O.S. and was changing a taillight on a pickup at the lube bay in the mine. Stupid me was trying to hurry so I could get home and didn't follow their lockout-tagout rules. Some head cheese came over and asked me why I had no wheel chock and no lock and I explained I was in a hurry and I knew I screwed up. He seemed understanding enough, which surprised me, and he said don't let it happen again and he walked off. Well he ended up walking around the truck that was parked next to the one I was working on and came back and because I didn't go right away and get a wheel chock and lock box he threw a fit. He ended up talking to my boss and the rest is history..

I know it was my fault and I understand why they have all of their safety rules so I guess I cant really complain but I just don't like how the whole thing went down. But I didnt like it out there anyway so maybe it is all for the best.

Sorry, didnt mean to hijack the thread

SWALLDOG

yes and its fun spending the money on them;) What do you do for KUCC?

Diesel mechanic. work in the 6190 truck shop on the haul trucks, and every once and a while a grader or a dozer. :D you work for kucc ALF?

Kind of a long story. I worked for Sterling K.O.S. and was changing a taillight on a pickup at the lube bay in the mine. Stupid me was trying to hurry so I could get home and didn't follow their lockout-tagout rules. Some head cheese came over and asked me why I had no wheel chock and no lock and I explained I was in a hurry and I knew I screwed up. He seemed understanding enough, which surprised me, and he said don't let it happen again and he walked off. Well he ended up walking around the truck that was parked next to the one I was working on and came back and because I didn't go right away and get a wheel chock and lock box he threw a fit. He ended up talking to my boss and the rest is history..

that sucks man! thay are pretty stricked on the lock and tag, there was a few mechanics on the other crew that just about got nailed for it the other day. got out of it cuz they had not started wrenchin on the truck yet and said they were just "inspecting". :rofl:

so how long ago did ya work for kos?

jester

I worked for Sterling for a couple months and then went to KOS and then that stuff happened then I went back to Sterling for a couple months. I have been gone for about 14 months. Kinda sucked because I was going to take over the lube bay but in a way I dont really miss it either....