Late model Chev T-case questions

jsudar

Now that I have my TBI 350 and 700R4 sold, I'm starting to try to put my 5.3/4L60E into my old Blazer.
Since I'm retarded and don't think things through carefully, I finally noticed the new (97 and up) 4L60E's have a six bolt hex pattern instead of the 4 bolt setup all the old 700's and 4L60's had. This means I can't use the old TH350 transfer case adapter for my NP203 and build my doubler like I'd planned. This really sucks. Now I have four transfer cases I can't use.

Does anyone know if the late model electronically shifted New Venture transfer cases share the same six bolt round pattern that the passenger side drop NP208/241's had? I can get one of those very inexpensively.

Anyone had any experience with this? Please don't tell me I need an Atlas. I already know that.

Edit: Looks like AA makes a 1.5" thick adapter to go from the new six bolt pattern back to the old four bolt. Won't that screw up the output shaft lenght? Advance Adapters isn't clear on what you can bolt onto the back of that adapter.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Yes, that will screw up the shaft length.

i don't know if you want to do it or not, but you could theoretically get a thinner clocking-ring style adapter and use that. Or make one. But you're still losing engagement, and having to use machine screws, too. Still, it would work fine.

So anyway. :D Check Pirate yet??