Let's see your favorite rigs.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
There's three of my favorites. Shawn's FJ in about this config is one of my favorite rigs. Pretty bulletproof, built about as strong as a comp rig (at the time). This turned out to be one of the better trail fixes I've ever witnessed. Took out the upper ball joint on my passenger axle and Shawn, Kurt and others got me fixed up to drive home. :D
attachment.php
The two flatties below are pretty cool. I'm not even sure who's they are, but the are ones I've saved on my drive while I built my Jeep. I love the shovel/axe combo and the big tires (for a flatty) on this one.
attachment.php
It's still got a lot of MB/GPW in it, but upgraded axles and what not. Unfortunately, I don't fit in one of those tubs very well so I have what I have now. :D
attachment.php
I guess this pic is to small but I like the old school top and just the general look of this rig. I love Pewe's old flatty if for nothing else, the Buick big block in it. :D Like Hickey mentioned, interesting conglomeration of parts and it worked. Looked like you needed a current tetanus shot to go within three feet of it, though.

If I can get my hood "right", I'll really like my Jeep. I'm still tempted to lengthen the tub to CJ8 dimensions while keeping the tire position on the body the same. Basically adding 12-14" to my body/wheelbase. I just don't want to fund the work or deal with doing it.
IMG_9424%20%28Small%29.JPG

Attachments

• BullyFJpushingXJ.jpg
    BullyFJpushingXJ.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 383
  • wu3.jpg
    wu3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 386
  • bitchinflatty2.JPG
    bitchinflatty2.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Marc, I gotta say, your Jeep is in my top 5 rigs ever. I know you aren't completely satisfied with it, but it sure inspires me and surely others. Your Jeep is the biggest reason I bought a YJ. It balances the desire for hardcore wheelin, and Utah street legal status as best I can imagine. I really look forward to every change you make to better balance that line. It's a Jeep built without all the shiny expensive parts, but still has the necessary parts.

Ultimately, I would love to make my Jeep just like yours.

Last edited:

LT.

When it comes to jeeps, especially newer ones, this is my favorite hands down. I really love the old school grille and the way Mbryson tied the flat fenders to work with the YJ tub. The old GPW grille is my favorite and I still cannot believe how well Mr. Bryson got the whole package to come together so well.

LT.

LT.

This is another one of my favorites. This was my favorite set up this rig has seen. Although I really love the way the front end of this truck is now, with the old Scout 800 grille, this was still my all time favorite phase of this project. It was still street legal enough, big enough for just about every thing that could stand in its way, and did fantastic in all the wheeling events Cheston put in through for the TTC in 2008.

LT.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
This is a guy off Pirate. There is a better profile pic of it but Pirate is currently down and I haven't saved it off on my computer yet. I love the lines of the rear fenders.
fav1.jpgfav2.jpgfav3.jpg

Bart

I look at pics of those lowered TJs and YJs and start to rethink about cutting up the rear of my rig. I am going to do the front anyway and could be finished a lot quicker if I'd quit thinking about making it an extended cab truck.

Coco

If I can get my hood "right", I'll really like my Jeep. I'm still tempted to lengthen the tub to CJ8 dimensions while keeping the tire position on the body the same. Basically adding 12-14" to my body/wheelbase. I just don't want to fund the work or deal with doing it.

I always appreciate your honesty haha

Bart

Here's a couple of my favorites, in chronological order.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 39
  • aay.jpg
    aay.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 34
  • mini-IMG_2154.JPG
    mini-IMG_2154.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 33
  • vegas2orc.jpg
    vegas2orc.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 32
  • vernal.jpg
    vernal.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Bart

I thought I'd keep the comp rigs and recreation rigs separate. So, since you mention it. Here are my favorite rec rigs, to date. The last pic of the LTJ is how I finished the cage just before selling it.WallyWorld.jpgtop1.jpgsnakes1.jpg

Attachments

• 56usa2008trip1.jpg
    56usa2008trip1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 41
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 35
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 36
  • SANY0175.jpg
    SANY0175.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
This rig is so expo, it's reason #102 the Taliban hates us:

IMG_1274resize.jpg

IMG_1306resize.jpg

IMG_1299editjpg.jpg

Even won "Most Expo" at 2009 All Jeep Show
DSCF0924.jpg

Don't try this with a spark-infested Dodge Caravan motor:
2998833656_7eae0249c2.jpg

josephKJ.jpg

2998483499_1281bcd994.jpg

So expo that MileMarker used this rig for beta testing MiFi Technology:
IMG_0042.jpg

Custom interior, AV system and mad skillz fabrication
DSCF0658.jpg

DSCF0653.jpg

LT.

Bart has had my favorite buggy hands down. If you ever saw the machine you would understand. The pictures he posted just don't do it justice. This machine had it all, classic style, low COG, perfect gearing, and it was a killer on the trail. Man, to watch this machine and Bart drive it was like watching a ballet on the rocks. I would have given up parts of my body for it.

LT.

ever since i seen harold off's rig in 93 i loved it. when i met harold it was pre bobbed and pre black diamond coils. i sat in the parking lot of the senior/civic center during an EJS one yr and talked to him forever about that jeep.
039_39.jpg

RIP harold

there was another scrambler around '98-2000 that was teal with a grey cj-7 soft top on it, and a "trunk" sort of deal in the back, that i ran into a lot down in moab. (can't seem to find a pic)that one was my second favorite. everytime i think about either of those i bang my head against a wall for getting rid of my scrambler.