Let's see your favorite rigs.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I think it's funny how some peoples favorites are their own vehicles.... not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

A few of my faves...

Shannon Campbells old school Flatty-buggy - Boggers & 1/2 ton axles FTW!

46683_139011716141435_100000978237948_207109_3140826_n.jpg

Soni Honegger's Scorpion MK1, the thing was way ahead of it's time... I remember parking next to it in Moab at a gas station and just about wetting myself hearing the Cummins 4BT and seeing the insane military looking 'rockcrawler' -

moab-1.jpg

And of course, my old friend Chris Holley (the original Ice Man... hahaaa!) and his '69 Ford Bronco. I don't know if the Bronco was really all that capable or if Chris was just that good of a driver, but that thing went places it shouldn't have. I think it's the latter, Chris has skills!

attachment.php

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
After wheeling one trip with Chris Holley out in the lower proving grounds (I know he'd never remember me) I was convinced to build a tube chassis. That thing was an inspiration back then.

I also remember looking over that flatty of Campbells while it was parked at Dump Bump. Man that was a long time ago.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
That Campbell flatty was called "Pinky". I remember watching him drive some of the early ARCA events in it. It got kinda messed up at the Farmington Supercrawl, if I remember right. Severely bent A pillar.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Soni Honegger's Scorpion MK1, the thing was way ahead of it's time... I remember parking next to it in Moab at a gas station and just about wetting myself hearing the Cummins 4BT and seeing the insane military looking 'rockcrawler' -

The very first incarnation of that was a 350... and then the Cummins. :D I remember thinking what a crazy step forward that was compared to everything else that was out at the time. Still love them. Got to talk to Soni and... crap.. the guy who owned that first one.. at a gas station in Moab, they were rolling out in a 4-door version, with actual doors. Super sweet!

That Campbell flatty was called "Pinky". I remember watching him drive some of the early ARCA events in it. It got kinda messed up at the Farmington Supercrawl, if I remember right. Severely bent A pillar.

Was that pinky?? I'm gonna dig that video out... I thought it was someone else.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The very first incarnation of that was a 350... and then the Cummins. :D I remember thinking what a crazy step forward that was compared to everything else that was out at the time. Still love them. Got to talk to Soni and... crap.. the guy who owned that first one.. at a gas station in Moab, they were rolling out in a 4-door version, with actual doors. Super sweet!

Was that pinky?? I'm gonna dig that video out... I thought it was someone else.
Would that guy be either Chris or Chip Monk? I could be wrong about Pinky at Supercrawl, but that's the way I remember it.

Bart

I have to apologize to the masses. I edited my posts and kept only those that were my favorite rigs, and yes, I wish I had each and everyone of them back.

airmanwilliams

heres a couple that arent mine but ive admired for awhile. The tin top samurai I havent figured out on who owns it yet but always liked it and the sidekick I watched being built by a guy on expeditionportal.com and zukiworld.com by a guy in oregon. The sidekick guy put a 2000 audi tt roadster motor in it.

Attachments

• 2000 audi TT roadster 1.8T engine with turbo.jpg
    2000 audi TT roadster 1.8T engine with turbo.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 24
  • mcgrewtrail002.jpg
    mcgrewtrail002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Suzuki Samurai Jeep Cars Wallpapers 2.jpg
    Suzuki Samurai Jeep Cars Wallpapers 2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 27

airmanwilliams

heres another sidekick I like. the guy swapped in a suzuki v6 motor, built an awesome exo cage I like, and has a really nice color he used for the body and cage.

Attachments

• geo12.jpg
    geo12.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 24
  • geo13.jpg
    geo13.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 23
  • geopaint6.jpg
    geopaint6.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 23
  • geopaint9.jpg
    geopaint9.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 22

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Jacksscout.jpgscoutwbox.jpgscout3.jpg

My favorite--------4 banger following Chevota ---------------Scout III dream car

These are the vehicles I played with and dreamed about. All great memories.

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Leroy's buggy is one of my favorites. It has so much intricate detail its rediculas. It is also the most stout rig Ive ever seen. He has been beating on it hard for years and it just never breaks. It works extremely well to
ITTC2009003.jpg

ITTC2010017.jpg

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I remember the badly bent A-pillar after that roll, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't in Pinky.

It wasn't Pinky, it was... ahh, damn. I can't remember the guys name, Randy something... Ellsworth? IIRC, his rig had a pretty hot Small Block Chevy....? He was from AZ and I *think* his rig was a Campbell buggy.

I have pics of it somewhere, right after the roll... may have to do some digging!

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
For me it has to be Ned Bacons Killer bee. I'm to lazy to find a pic and post it. As far to which version I have have to say be for he did the flat bed.