Let's talk Chicken.. The pets, not the food..

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
New underlayment and reshingling the old coup today.
Not bad for a one eyed man using left over shingles. 😆 (This part lifts to get the eggs).
20230712_095005.jpg20230712_100914.jpg
(And seriously I have to wear an eye patch for a week 😉 to heal my super dry eye so I can hopefully get ICL in a month or so).

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I’ve been disappointed in the amount of bug foraging that the chickens (don’t) do. We’ve done ducks in the past, and within a month or so, with just 3 ducks, we’ve been mostly bug free. The ducks spend all day looking for bugs.

These dumb chickens eat weeds and sleep in the shade all day.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I’ve been disappointed in the amount of bug foraging that the chickens (don’t) do. We’ve done ducks in the past, and within a month or so, with just 3 ducks, we’ve been mostly bug free. The ducks spend all day looking for bugs.

It's because you bought the fancy chickens. Regular chickens are better foragers.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

Send a message by killing the laziest one

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
So I went and bought a some ducklings. If I’m committed to this garbage, I want some benefits. Hopefully they will be better bug eaters.

IMG_4669.jpeg

Edit: note the trench going to my shed? After 21 years, I finally have power and lights!

Last edited: