Lighten the mood

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
It's always funny to travel out of the region, back east in particular, and see peoples reactions when they find out you're from Utah. The lack of knowledge not just of Mormons, but of the West in general is staggering. I was in Florida once and a guy at a bar legitimately wanted to know if I lived in a log cabin with an outhouse.

When I was in Indiana many years ago I met locals that thought that EVERYONE out West carried guns. Like it was still the wild west and we're all a bunch of cattle rustlers or something. 🙄

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
When I was in Indiana many years ago I met locals that thought that EVERYONE out West carried guns. Like it was still the wild west and we're all a bunch of cattle rustlers or something. 🙄
Yeah, I've encountered many people who still think anything west of the Mississippi and east of LA is a John Wayne western.

The_Lobbster

Im ashamed to say I grew up thinking Utah was pretty much just a flat desert, with no mountains. Also, I had no idea at all about Mormons being headquartered here. Found all this out at the age of 19, and more when I visited for the first time.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
By the same token, I think everyone in New York has cockroaches and rats the size of german shepherds.

- DAA
And everyone in Arkansas lives in a holler and makes moonshine.

I grew up LDS in Oregon. I went to school with kids that literally believed the horns thing, and told me stories about how Mormons sacrificed babies by throwing them from the top of the temple into the GSL.

DAA

Gramps had a pretty elaborate tale he used to tell. According to what he told me. Involved escaping over the wall and getting his horns illegally removed and such. He said people back east used to eat that shit up.

I used to go to Arkansas to fish the White River every year. When you get into the backwoods areas, everyone there does live in a holler and make moonshine. Heavy KKK presence too. Thought I had tough guy talked a KKK dude out of wanting to fight on the boat ramp once, only to turn around and see my buddy from Oklahoma brandishing a pistol...

- DAA

02SE

I grew up LDS in Oregon. I went to school with kids that literally believed the horns thing, and told me stories about how Mormons sacrificed babies by throwing them from the top of the temple into the GSL.

Those guys usually played Quarterback.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

only real moonshine I’ve ever had was made by a neighbor’s cousin in an old schoolbus in the deep woods of Arkansas. He made meth in that same bus. My neighbor had two large jars of it, one was straight moonshine and the other was half filled with pears. The pear version tasted like a high quality tequila. The straight moonshine tasted like gasoline.

I blacked out after 5 shots.