Lighten the mood

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Valid-question.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
To be fair, my experience with being in parts stores is that the customers usually:

A) Don't speak English
B) Don't know the year, make, model of their own cars
C) Don't know how to change their own wiper blades, what oil is used for, or that batteries go bad
D) Think the parts store is a full auto repair shop

Therefore I just assume that most of the counter people are exhausted from dealing with morons all day so when someone comes in asking for a clutch kit, they assume that the person has zero clue what they're actually asking for because the last 100 people they talked to wanted blinker fluid to fix their muffler bearings and that's why they just start at the beginning of their question tree.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
To be fair, my experience with being in parts stores is that the customers usually:

A) Don't speak English
B) Don't know the year, make, model of their own cars
C) Don't know how to change their own wiper blades, what oil is used for, or that batteries go bad
D) Think the parts store is a full auto repair shop

Therefore I just assume that most of the counter people are exhausted from dealing with morons all day so when someone comes in asking for a clutch kit, they assume that the person has zero clue what they're actually asking for because the last 100 people they talked to wanted blinker fluid to fix their muffler bearings and that's why they just start at the beginning of their question tree.
I've been invited behind the counter on multiple occasions to
A) Find my own part in their computer system
B) Find my own part among the parts on the shelf.

I feel like that's because I know what I'm talking about but the idiots you speak of don't know they are idiots either, so maybe they were just tired of me too.

Tonkaman

When I was just out of high school I worked in at car quest in Heber. The hardest part of that job was trying to decipher the old farmers slang terms for the parts they needed. Seriously I’ve heard some parts called by 12 different names! Then the old timers would get mad that I didn’t know what their old hillbilly language meant

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
When I was just out of high school I worked in at car quest in Heber. The hardest part of that job was trying to decipher the old farmers slang terms for the parts they needed. Seriously I’ve heard some parts called by 12 different names! Then the old timers would get mad that I didn’t know what their old hillbilly language meant
This isn't limited to cars or car parts. In semiconductors, Vendor calls it one thing, Equipment Engineer calls it another thing, Management calls it another thing, Technicians call it something else. Try and fill out checklists based on documented work done by all these people requires being multilingual.