Lithium Jump Packs

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I'd like to pick up a lithium jump starter pack. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good quality brand, and how much capacity is needed?
It seems like Amazon is flooded with these things now. I'm not sure which brands are reputable.

The biggest thing I could foresee myself jump starting is my Dodge V10.

Let me know what your experiences are with these things.

Thanks everyone.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm intersted in this as well. My buddy has one and it's saved my ass a couple times. Way easier than getting cables out too (I guess that depends on where you put your cables).

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I'm intersted in this as well. My buddy has one and it's saved my ass a couple times. Way easier than getting cables out too (I guess that depends on where you put your cables).

x2

But I don't want to know where Cody puts his cables. :eek:

joez

I've had a MiniMax I got at Home Depot for a while now. Has no issue starting my FJZ-80 if needed, and has definitely saved a few other people as well. Has hit or miss reviews, mostly good though, i gambled while it was on ad for $49 and have been very happy with it.

jentzschman

I have one I bought from Costco. It works well. I disconnected my battery completely and plugged the pack directly to the truck cables. Fired right up several times. I think it cost like 60 bucks.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I also have one that has been awesome.

Or at least it was. I don't know what I did to it, but it chooses what days it wants to work. I use it fairly often. Been a great tool.

DAA

Have had the Antigravity Micro-Start for about four years now. It's expensive, not one of the cheap knock offs, but it's been worth it. Have not had to use it on a trip, but have used it plenty of times at home and around town. It's cheap insurance when out on solo multi day adventures.

- DAA

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Have had the Antigravity Micro-Start for about four years now. It's expensive, not one of the cheap knock offs, but it's been worth it. Have not had to use it on a trip, but have used it plenty of times at home and around town. It's cheap insurance when out on solo multi day adventures.

- DAA

Thanks for the input. I was looking at the antigravity line on Amazon, and it sounds like there are now knock-offs floatiing around. The reviews on the genuine ones seem really good though.

04F150

I have the noco genius boost plus GB40 1000 amp and love it, battery lasts a long time and has easily jumped everything I have used it on. I have owned it for I think two years now and it still performs and lasts like new

ID Bronco

I have the noco genius boost plus GB40 1000 amp and love it, battery lasts a long time and has easily jumped everything I have used it on. I have owned it for I think two years now and it still performs and lasts like new

This says it is only good up to 3.0 liter diesel engines. Looks like you have to go with a more expensive one to do a 6.0L diesel Has this been your experience too? Anyone?

Tonkaman

My thoughts on the matter are that you get the insurance you pay for. Meaning to me it won't be worth being stranded when a cheepo model doesn't perform right.

04F150

I don't think I ever used it on my 6.0 but I have seen it done with a pack the same size but dont remember the brand. looking up some reviews say it has no issue jump starting a diesel

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I think trying to start my 6.0 is what ruined my jump pack.

This is good info too!

Has anyone successfully used one to jump a bigger diesel?
Cummins / Power Stroke / Duramax?

Even though I don't own any of those, my family members do. I think it'd be wise for me to get something that'd be up to the task if needed...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I started my 70 cadillac 472 big block with one...and it's a bit of a cold starter.

Is there any issue leaving these in a car full time? Does the heat become an issue with them?