Little Help Please :P

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Alright here's the deal i'm Kosovo right now I've managed to get some money saved up for my mods. The problem is I want to have my truck ready when I come home on leave I know six states will do my gears and lockers but does any one know a good place to get a lift and cross over steering on a TOY installed I would just do it myself but I don't want to spend what little time i'm home installing my lift. Can anyone help me out?

controlfreak

Dude! I know a mech in Centerville who'll install your gears and lockers a lot cheaper than Six States and some friends of mine are starting their own company/club called American Ingenuity Off Road. We can set up your crossover steering or Sky's Extreme in Clearfield has good product for a little less $$$ than most I've seen. The lift is easy unless you have something custom in mind. Let me know if I can help.

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
beaches off road does $ome $erio$ly nice work. Buy a kit from all-pro or rock stomper for the x-over. what springs are you wanting?
How do you arrange this all from kosovo?

grinch

inner city redneck
Beaches went out of busniess about 3 or 4 weeks ago........ A sad loss his wife made some pritty killer bumpers. Another shop you might want to check out is Jeepers Off Road (they do alot more than just Jeeps:D ) The number is 801-604-3132 ask for Jason Imlay. He has done some killer work on my buddies jeeps, toys, chevs, ect. He will also rent out his shop for 25.00 an hour if you just want to use his tools, welders, ect.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
I believe they're on Winchester and about 300 W if I remember right. it's been a while since I've been there. Their right next to a trax station in a strip of white garages.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Setting this up from Kosovo is pretty easy after I figure out the phone numbers I just call tooele army depot via military phone line and the will dial any number in the valley for me :p

On top of that I got a quote from Six States on 5.29's and 2 ARB's win install was 2700 I found that kinda steep anyone know of some place that can beat that? Please include a phone number to save leg work :p

Also six states refered me to jackit for lift install they said 420 for lift and cross over steering installation how does that sound?

DToy

Yeah give us some details on your Toy. Matt at Rocky Mountain High has set up several Toys and they work sweet. I'd be willing to do the legwork for you here for a small fee if you need someone to deliver/pick-up your parts, truck, etc. ( I also might be able to swing some package deals since I'll be building my 'Runner in the next few weeks.) When do you need it done by?

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
That's what Von said. I guess Carl is there during the Day and Von is going in, in the evenings. Phone should be up this week. They are doing work there now. Sorry< I don't have the address or any other info. I will email them and find out more info.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
DTOY

Alright details it's pretty simple '83 Toy Pickup Everything stock :p 22R.

I do have someone who can pick my truck and parts it's just a matter of finding the best place to buy parts and finding the best place to get them installed. I would like to get this all done by the end of June because I will becoming home on the 1st of July.

Also what are you workin on your 4runner I'm still open to ideas for set ups. Right now i'm just going with the ALL PRO Springs and Cross over steering 5.29's ARB's and eventually a Marlin.

Everyone thank you for all the help and info it's really useful for the time being I've just decided to go with gears and lockers for the trip home in July I'll do my lift and all the other mods when I get out because I would like to be there when all that gets done.

Controlfreak-

What kind of prices are we lookin at for 2 ARB's and 5.29's?

Once again thanks for all the help

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by rckcrlr
That's what Von said. I guess Carl is there during the Day and Von is going in, in the evenings. Phone should be up this week. They are doing work there now. Sorry< I don't have the address or any other info. I will email them and find out more info.

COOL!! Do they need any help?! Let me know if they have a site and I'll provide a Link to it on here.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Also to get the opinions of other people. The only locker i've ever used was a lockright in my cherokee. How strong are the ARB's, is it worth the extra money. Or would I just be better off with a Detroit in the rear and ARB in the front.