Little Help Please :P

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I love my Detroit in the rear, its the newer Softlocker and you hardly can notice that its there unless you are aired down. I really think ARB's are for the Birds. Why spend that much $$, when they will eventually give you problems w/ engaging. A Lockrite for the front should be OK too.

If I were considering those options, I would do the Detroit and Lockrite and use the rest of the money for a Double TCase. That would be a overall killer rig, with those things. My Toy serves Daily Driver status, as a bunch of others w/ Detroits and I have yet to hear a complaint.

Greg

Admin
I personally don't have a Lockrite in the front.......yet. I have a friend that just completed his buildup w/ a Lockrite in the front of his Toy w/ 35's and Dual TCases. He took it to Moab over EJS and didn't have a problem. Theres a thread about this exact subject elsewhere on this BB, I'll see if I can find it-

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?threadid=517

I plan on getting a set of Super Birfs, once I can afford a Lockrite. Then busted birfs won't be a worry!! :cool:

controlfreak

I was WRONG!:eek: The mechanic in Centerville came back at $2600 but recommended staying away from Six States. He did recommend Jackit for the whole package deal. Sky's Extreme in Clearfield is also good for mods and low prices. He put a Detroit in the rear and an ARB in the front of his '80, that way when the o-rings go out on your ARB you'll still have a locker in the rear to get you home. I'm considering a Detroit in the front and I have a spool in the rear. Any help I can provide let me know.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I will vouge for the work that tods (jack-it) guys do. He has real issues with keeping prices with 4wheel parts.... Now I do most of my own stuff.....

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
well as it turnes out....I run detroits F&R(why play games) And for the cost of the compresser that ARB wants you to buy i have a set of the longfields. I have broke one detroit. Only heard of a few breaking. ARB has serios issues with the compresser. The wiring gets hot easy and is prone to failure. Oh and if anything breaks inside like bolts or pins, It is an ARB spacific part. Not availabe at the local parts store or hardware shop....

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Alright after a lot of thought and a lot of combined wisdom from everyone I just bought two detroit's at what everyone said was a good price. Now all's I need is a good place to buy 5.29's and a good place to get it all installed. I'm still confused as to where I should have them installed because one person says a good thing about one place and then another a bad so a little more help :p

Greg

Admin
Six States of Orem has always been good to me. Inexpensive, Quality Work, and Timely. They even gave me a free carrier, when they could have easily charged me for it.

DToy

Originally posted by Greg
Six States of Orem has always been good to me. Inexpensive, Quality Work, and Timely. They even gave me a free carrier, when they could have easily charged me for it.

I had them set up a Detroit for me about a month ago and they were great, even with the Pre-Moab rush. And it only cost me $120. I don't think you could go wrong with them. By the way Greg, that was probably my carrier they gave you! That's OK, I didn't need it anymore.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
six states in orem is the key. Not just six states.
Jack it will throw it in.
How far do you need to tow or drive the truck?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Whats the address to the Six States in Orem. My trucks in murray. Any one know a good place to buy gears?

Greg

Admin
Do you need the address, or will a general description work? (I can't find the phone book!) They are East of the freeway, off 800 North in Orem. Get off the freeway, go right and take your next right. Six States is hard to miss, on the left.

You could probably get inexpensive gears thru the 4Wheel Parts Warehouses. Don't call the shop, but the 1-800 # in any magazine. Then ask them if they can hook you up with a better price than they tell you. They will usually help you out, especially if you have cheap prices from elsewhere. I don't know what brand of gears they use though......

goin4xn

Jeepaholic
Originally posted by rckcrlr
I have some friends that are Toy guru's. They are just getting statred, but do EXCELLENT work. You can email them.
carl@rocklogic.com or vonski@rocklogic.com.
These guys know ther stuff and are very reasonable.

I'll second their work. They've built up a nice toy that competes in UROC and have also basically built up a YJ from the ground up (suspension, cage, etc...) They do great work!
Scott