Login Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Is there a way to adjust how long you are sitting idle before the site logs you out? I don't have this problem with any other board I post on so I don't think its a browser setting.

If I sit in a thread to long, such as reading sixstringsteves awesome write up. I logs me off the site, if i'm in a thread for say more than 5 min. Which is annoying because I lose track of all the other new threads when I log back in. Same thing when i'm posting a write up. If it takes me more than a few min to type it out I get logged off and have to relog to post.

I've searched through the settings and can't seem to find any sort of setting for this.

thanks for your help

Caleb

When you log in, are you checking the box to remember you? I never log out of RME and as a result never have to log back in. If I use a computer I haven't used before and don't check the remember me box when logging in, I get maybe 5 mins before having to log back in.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I store my passwords but clear my cookies and history every 10 days or so to keep things running faster, never had an issue with RME remembering me though.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I've had the same issue when I've been writing a PM. If I spend to much time on a long one, then send it, I get asked to log back in. Once I do, my long pm is always gone. Now I always copy my pm's before I send them, just in case.

idahoyj

Ive been fighting this same thing for months.... only a problem on my work computer, not at home. Just keeps logging me out and never remembers me. So, I came down here to post up a question on how to get it fixed. To my supprise, now I see that I should have been paying attention months ago and it was as simple as clearing my cookies just like reccomended above.
Thanks

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Ive been fighting this same thing for months.... only a problem on my work computer, not at home. Just keeps logging me out and never remembers me. So, I came down here to post up a question on how to get it fixed. To my supprise, now I see that I should have been paying attention months ago and it was as simple as clearing my cookies just like reccomended above.
Thanks

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.