meet and greet?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I was just on colorado4x4.org and noticed that they had a meet and greet in the city just so people could get to know each other... so I was wondering if anyone on here has ever done that? I would be interested in getting together maybe at a park or even a bar (for those over 21) or something and we can just sit around with our rigs and get to know each other... and discuss rigs.... I know I have alot of questions for a few people and this might be a good time to put them out there....

I know its still cold and snowy at most places but we could find someplace warm to get it started.... and maybe hold it each month or two...

So anyone else interested?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
We've had several events in the past, Carl's headshaving party:D, Suka B's Junkyard wars/Monster Garage premeir, etc. Always has been a good time, I would like to see something on a more regular basis.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
As I remember it was party to celebrate the life, and mourn the death, of Von's hair. Carl, Bryson, and others (don't remember exactly who) had their head shaved in a show of solidarity.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
As I remember it was party to celebrate the life, and mourn the death, of Von's hair. Carl, Bryson, and others (don't remember exactly who) had their head shaved in a show of solidarity.

Right. :D Some of us (well, me anyway...) liked the maintenance-free aspect so much we kept the bald look. :cool:

U

unltd1

Goat and I are totally down for drinking with pretty much anyone, anytime :p

gijohn40

Is that little bar on about 39th and state called Krawlers still in business? or is there a much better place to have this held at one that will give us a discount here and there for all the business we could bring in?

richpblaze

I don't know if krawlers is still there

It would be worth looking into. We need to pick a day like the first Friday of every month we could always mix it up and have it at different places peoples houses, BBQ's and so forth.

gijohn40

there is a place up here in layton called the burger stop that has old car shows every month... they have pretty decent food... wonder if you guys in slc would drive up here for the first one? I could drop by and talk to the owner and see if he would love to have us drop by one day!

We could hold it after EJS so that everyone could bring pictures of what they broke in moab...

Say April 4th....post up interested or not.... lets get this going...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Is that little bar on about 39th and state called Krawlers still in business? or is there a much better place to have this held at one that will give us a discount here and there for all the business we could bring in?

it's illegal to discount alcohol for a select group. Same reason it's illegal to offer special prices at special times (i.e. happy hour). Specials have to be run all day, and be available for everyone. damn rookies.

also, having it at a bar would eliminate some of the younger people on the board who are young enough not to have a high level of pent up hate for people they don't know yet. I would dare venture that they would have a higher probability of showing up to such a fracas as a direct result of their yet-to-be-nurtured angst and intolerance towards strangers. Why don't you ladies rent a pavilion at a park and people can bring their own food/beverage (non adult) selections and spend the afternoon taking turns ego stroking over bent tube and big rubber?

;)

Bart

it's illegal to discount alcohol for a select group. Same reason it's illegal to offer special prices at special times (i.e. happy hour). Specials have to be run all day, and be available for everyone. damn rookies.

also, having it at a bar would eliminate some of the younger people on the board who are young enough not to have a high level of pent up hate for people they don't know yet. I would dare venture that they would have a higher probability of showing up to such a fracas as a direct result of their yet-to-be-nurtured angst and intolerance towards strangers. Why don't you ladies rent a pavilion at a park and people can bring their own food/beverage (non adult) selections and spend the afternoon taking turns ego stroking over bent tube and big rubber?

;)

You are such a girl sometimes.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

;)

I'll bring the apple cider. :ugh:

:rofl: