South-East Utah Mental Health Winter trip; Swell, White Wash

Tonkaman

Dang neither of my ‘rigs’ will handle eagle canyon—I tried to squeeze Tinky through there once upon a time nope and nope talk about a square peg in a round hole haha 😂
I guess I should be asking if the Powerwagon will fit into Eagle Canyon. Any body see a problem with it?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Was truck width part of the problem? I’m several inches wider than a stock Superduty
There’s a couple spots that will make you feel fat, but the big problem for a stock full-size long bed is the break over climbing out of Eagle Canyon. There’s a couple boulder spots you have to climb up. The culvert at the end might be a bit low as well.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Derek, there were some videos shared on here of your crawling over some boulders. Was that not eagle canyon? I swore it was.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I don't remember anything hard in Eagle Canyon. There is a tight spot or 2 climbing up to Swaseys cabin, but I don't recall much beyond that.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think eagle canyon depends on which way in and out, and how beat up the road is by sxs's. I've done it in my Tacoma on 33s with zero issue one time, and got hung up in a few places another.

The first time I wouldn't hesitate to take my f150. The second time I probably would have messed up the bed a bit.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Dang I wish I could remember. It was a little ways past the beginning coming down from Swasey’s cabin. Big rock sticking out of the side hill that I couldn’t squeeze around that’s all I’ve got 😔
I know that spot. It's definitely tricky for a super wide vehicle.

You can avoid it by going further south in the wash before exiting to the south. Adds lots of miles, but it's equally beautiful area.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
There doesn't seem to me a ton of interest in this, so I'm going to change it up.

I'm still going to plan a trip but it'll be Sat-Mon (Holiday on Monday) and I'm going to focus more on recreation & bringing some family (nieces and nephew). I want to take them hiking in slot canyons (Little Wildhorse & Bell Canyon), explore Goblin Valley (probably both on the same day), explore the Swell and see the pictographs, etc. Probably run up Black Dragon Canyon, still hit Eagle Canyon. Probably won't head to White Wash and the dunes though.

Those interested are still welcome to join!