Moab weekend on dirt bikes?

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Anyone interested in a Moab weekend before Winter sets in? I'd love to ride Kane Creek, Slickrock, Golden Spike, etc...

I'd be on my WR450, probably best to have a plated bike... mine is, but they're expired.

Who is in?

Official dates are; October 26 thru 28th! Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Confirmed -

Greg

Russ

Cheston

Stratton

Tonkaman

Unconfirmed/Possibly -

Caleb

Jeeper

Cascadia

Undecided
I may be but I need to get a few things figured out on my bike first. It likes to cut out (turn off) when idling for more than a few seconds. :(I have to give it little revs to keep it going and then it is hard to get it started. I think it needs a good tune but I don't know for sure. I don't know how to tune a bike so I need to take it in somewhere. My new chain, skid plate, and hand guards should be here tomorrow. :)

rholbrook

I may be but I need to get a few things figured out on my bike first. It likes to cut out (turn off) when idling for more than a few seconds. :(I have to give it little revs to keep it going and then it is hard to get it started. I think it needs a good tune but I don't know for sure. I don't know how to tune a bike so I need to take it in somewhere. My new chain, skid plate, and hand guards should be here tomorrow. :)
Is this a 2 or 4 stroke?

B2-Bomber

first check your pilot jet and see if it is clogged. if that isn't the culprit the next thing to check is the valve-lash. if you have tight valves they can act just like this.

i am a gold level (highest) certified Suzuki technician
and i am a red level (highest) certified Honda technician

rholbrook

first check your pilot jet and see if it is clogged. if that isn't the culprit the next thing to check is the valve-lash. if you have tight valves they can act just like this.

i am a gold level (highest) certified Suzuki technician
and i am a red level (highest) certified Honda technician

Thats why I was asking and he has nailed it. Pilot is the easiest to check. Why you are at it, make sure you write down what your Pilot, Main and Leak jets are so you have it. Also look to see what needle you have and what position the clip is in.

Cascadia

Undecided
Hmmm...I've heard all those words but never had to do anything g with them. Ha. Hopefully all that stuff is in the huge manual he gave me. Or I'll be doing a lot of research online.

Tonkaman

I've always wanted to check out the Moab area! Id love to go but i need to schedule my time since I work 7 days a week.

My bike is not street legal so I'd need to go with a group of other off road only guys.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I'm 90% sure I could make the weekend of the 27-28 work but don't revolve any planning around me :D I'd have to leave here around noon on Friday which wouldn't put me there in time for much of a ride that day but I can be back anytime Sunday night.

Cascadia

Undecided
I'll be on a cruise this weekend so I can't make it.:cool: And supposedly my parts got delivered to me....but they didn't.:mad: So hopefully rmatv will do something about it.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I so want in. I can't do it this weekend or the weekend of 11/3-11/4 (Jeeping in Moab...) but other weekends should work.

Jared

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I am up for a ride but will not have a free weekend until mid November.

I'm sure we can put something together! I haven't ridden since our last ride on Solider Summit... :ugh:

I will be in St George this weekend riding. After this weekend I would be in for it

I'm 90% sure I could make the weekend of the 27-28 work but don't revolve any planning around me :D I'd have to leave here around noon on Friday which wouldn't put me there in time for much of a ride that day but I can be back anytime Sunday night.

Sorry guys, I must have mis-read what you both said... I thought you were both talking about this upcoming weekend! I thought that was kind of rushed... :p

I don't know that I can do the weekend of the 27-28th, my wife has a 3 day weekend and we'll probably head out somewhere in the 4x4 and do some camping.

How about the 1st weekend in November, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th?