Moab weekend on dirt bikes?

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I will get the big trailer out that will hold a bunch of bikes and I can either drive the Super Crew or the Expedition and we will take a road trip. So far I have myself and Cheston. We can pick up anyone from my house in Kaysville south through Price.

We can setup some meeting places and car pool.

We could always do a lap around Dead Cow Tube.

I am totally on board for hitching a ride and am happy to chip in for fuel. I am 90% for sure in. But, I am in New York now and have a Jeep trip to Moab the following week.

Jared

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Ive gotta admit.....im pretty nervous to ride moab. excited to tho

Bring some good gear... quality boots, a pressure suit and knee pads are all very wise!

I don't plan on doing anything dumb or something that will get someone hurt. That said, it sure would be fun to ride Hells Gate and Escalator!! :greg:

Tonkaman

Ok I'm officially in! I've never spent time in Moab so I'm really excited about this trip. Do you guys ride any special tires while your there?

rholbrook

Bring some good gear... quality boots, a pressure suit and knee pads are all very wise!

I don't plan on doing anything dumb or something that will get someone hurt. That said, it sure would be fun to ride Hells Gate and Escalator!! :greg:

I posted a link here a few years back of my friend who nearly lost his index finger on Hells Gate on a trials bike.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Jared there is one downfall to riding a dirt bike in Moab for the first time... You probably won't want to take a 4x4 there ever again :D

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Ok I'm officially in! I've never spent time in Moab so I'm really excited about this trip. Do you guys ride any special tires while your there?

Don't bring a brand new tire, Slickrock will eat up your rear tire. I'm running a trials tire on the back, should be great for traction on the rock, but they SUCK in soft sand.

I posted a link here a few years back of my friend who nearly lost his index finger on Hells Gate on a trials bike.

I'd like to keep all my fingers, but that doesn't mean there won't be any Hells Gate attempts!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
You better show us how it's done... I'll bring the camera. :p
That will have to be on the next trip. I looked at it last time i was there in the jeep. It probably not much different than that one on wipeout hill, you just have to be more precise in your landing.

Tonkaman

Not sure on miles. I can ride all day long in the mountains like AF canyon on one tank, I usually can do about 4 hours in the sand dunes on a tank too