Moab weekend on dirt bikes?

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Jared there is one downfall to riding a dirt bike in Moab for the first time... You probably won't want to take a 4x4 there ever again :D

Been there, done that. Dirt bikes are a ton of fun there, but my wife, 8 year old boy, and 6 year old girl don't fit. The hard part now is making time for both!

Don't bring a brand new tire, Slickrock will eat up your rear tire.

Awesome... I just installed my Maxxis Desert tire about 50 miles ago...

So, I just remembered that I need to finish installing a motor, work out the bugs, license, and lift a ZJ by Thursday of the following week - while still taking a 3 day motorcycle trip to Moab in the middle. Should be fun! :)

Jared

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
When are you planning to get into Moab? Any plans for where we will be staying?

I will head down on Friday, not sure of the time. It probably depends on when others will be getting there and what we want to do/ride on Friday.

I don't have a plan for where we'll be staying, a cabin in a campground with nice showers works for me. Canyonlands Campground or the KOA sounds good. The Slickrock campground kind of sucks, IMO.

I think Friday would be a good day for Slickrock trail. What do the rest of you want to do, as far as Friday, meeting up, riding, etc?

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Well, I am officially out. It was tenuous at best getting the next two Fridays off after just returning from a 10-day vacation. But, one of our three man Ogden crew quit today so there is no way I can get the day off now.

Have fun!
Jared

Greg

Admin
Do we have a final count for this ride? I need to be back late Saturday night. Can't get out of my Sunday job 3 weeks in a row

I can update the first post, but here's what I have so far... if I missed your name, speak up!

Confirmed -

Greg

Russ

Cheston

Stratton

Tonkaman

Unconfirmed/Possibly -

Caleb

Jeeper

Greg

Admin
Where do you guys want to stay? I haven't made reservations yet, but it would be nice to stay together or in the same campground or hotel.

Greg

Admin
I'm thinking about making reservations at the Canyonlands Campground, in downtown Moab. Here- http://www.canyonlandsrv.com

Considering getting a cabin, but they're $65/night... anyone want to split a cabin? Otherwise, I'm tenting it. Hotel may be out of my budget, unless there is a cheap one!