Moab weekend on dirt bikes?

rholbrook

I am still working on trying to go. My second largest client dumped a huge project on me with a deadline of Monday morning. I have spent the last two nights up until after 2 am working on it. They wanted me on-site but was able to talk my way out of that. I got most of the busy work done (980,000 lines data), now I am waiting on them for paper backup so I can tie the work out to the old system of the company they just purchased. If I can get it by this afternoon and it ties out, I am in. If I cant get it today, I am out.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Sounds like most people are planning to get into town by noon. Where should we all meet?

Good question, with several unplated bikes do you guys just want to meet at the Slickrock parking lot? Noon sounds good to me.

We can ride Slickrock and wander over to Fins & Things if we're not beat up enough.

Greg

Admin
I'll be looking for you, along with the other guys!

I'm trying HARD to get my '98 GMC on 37's ready to go. I was going to drive my wifes 4Runner, but I can mount my RTT on the truck easier. So hopefully you'll be looking for a white GMC on 37's!

Greg

Admin
So how's today's epic ride in Moab? Sitting at my house has been a real riot.

Jared

Brutal!!!

Broken shifter lever on a CRF, a totally mangled foot peg and brake lever on my WR and several nasty wipeouts on my part. I was totally off my game today, we rode PSM and Golden Spike and I had several wrecks, one going over backwards at the 'waterfall' on PSM and another that was a total 'splatter' on the ledges just South of the Crack.... I mean, arms and legs out, falling on my face kind of splatter. If I knew how bad I was going to ride today, I would have given my camera to someone else and had them follow me around, filming my failures!

Everyone else did great, Cheston and Stratton are newer riders and they were taking everything in stride! Tonkaman was a rock, not much slowed him down! It was the most perfect day to be riding, couldn't have been any better.

Tonkaman (Derek) and I were going to ride tomorrow, but my bike is beat up and I am too... I just couldn't do a 3rd day. My right foot hurts, bruises on both knees and one elbow, blisters on my hands and one very sore body! Sorry for bailing on the ride and campground Derek!

I'll see what I can do with some of the GoPro vids I took, should be interesting.

Tonkaman

You all missed out, this weekend was awesome! It was great being able to ride with such skilled guys. Don't let Greg fool you he was killing it.
I hope to get back down there again before the end of the year

Caleb

Brutal!!!

Broken shifter lever on a CRF, a totally mangled foot peg and brake lever on my WR and several nasty wipeouts on my part. I was totally off my game today, we road PSM and Golden Spike and I had several wrecks, one going over backwards at the 'waterfall' on PSM and another that was a total 'splatter' on the ledges just South of the Crack.... I mean, arms and legs out, falling on my face kind of splatter. If I knew how bad I was going to ride today, I would have given my camera to someone else and had them follow me around, filming my failures!

Everyone else did great, Cheston and Stratton are newer riders and they were taking everything in stride! Tonkaman was a rock, not much slowed him down! It was the most perfect day to be riding, couldn't have been any better.

Tonkaman (Derek) and I were going to ride tomorrow, but my bike is beat up and I am too... I just couldn't do a 3rd day. My right foot hurts, bruises on both knees and one elbow, blisters on my hands and one very sore body! Sorry for bailing on the ride and campground Derek!

I'll see what I can do with some of the GoPro vids I took, should be interesting.

Sounds like my kind of trip!!! I'm bummed I couldn't make it, so much so that I was thinking of going down next weekend :rofl: