Mudflap citation for the wimpiest jeep in the family

Ken

Ok it's quite simple here i think. If you got it safety passed just before then just bring that down to the hearing officer and show them it was passed, I mean don't those shops have to follow the same rules that the cops go by? Play dumb and put some flaps on for good measure and most likely they'll drop the ticket or at least reduce the charge and maybe give you a plea of abeyance. (spelling)

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Ken said:
Ok it's quite simple here i think. If you got it safety passed just before then just bring that down to the hearing officer and show them it was passed, I mean don't those shops have to follow the same rules that the cops go by? QUOTE]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ya good idea. Try to get a shop that let you slide on some flaps in trouble. **** like this is one of the reasons shops are so anal about inspections these days.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Well I pulled the lift out so there shouldn't be an issue anymore. I may get flaps anyway for extra insurance. Now that my Scrambler is done I don't need to wheel in the grocery hauler. I may need new rear springs because the tail is dragging, I think the add a leaf weakened the springs above it .

DevinB

I like traffic lights
/off-topic
The UHP officer that pulled me over last year was rather nice. He pulled me over on I-15 in Provo for not having side-view mirrors, which he gave me a fix-it ticket for. He didn't say anything about mudflaps, no bumper, or fender flares. He was also very courteous, explaining everything including the process of getting it dismissed. Maybe it's because I carry a gun. -_- Seriously, every time I've been pulled over since I've been packing heat, I've been treated very nicely. The other week I was pulled over for not using a blinker on the backstreets of Orem. I did everything by the book, kept my hands on the steering wheel the whole time, spoke clearly and left no room for confusion about me carrying. The officer told me flat out the reason he didn't give me a ticket was because of the exemplary way I handled myself. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, there's a few bad apples wherever you go.

/on topic
Get some mudflaps, sinner! :greg:

Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
The officer told me flat out the reason he didn't give me a ticket was because of the exemplary way I handled myself. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, there's a few bad apples wherever you go.

/on topic
Get some mudflaps, sinner! :greg:[/QUOTE]

Well my wife was very pleasant with him and that seemed to make him more upset. She did ask him why he couldn't just issue a fix it warning and he said he couldn't. When she told him to have a nice day he walked off without saying anything. I think in the dark he thought he was pulling over a long haired redneck that he could bust for something else and was upset he busted a middle aged lady instead.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Lets look at this from a different approach. What in Your job drives you crazy and the reason why it drives you crazy is because stuff happens over and over. Could there be any similarities in these two senerios?

Last edited:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
DaveB said:
My wife was driving on I-215 the other night when she was pulled over by a rather beligerant UHP trooper and given a full fledged must appear in court traffic citation for no mudflaps on our old Cherokee. He said it had too big of tires and must have mud flaps. It only has 30x9.5 inch tires and a 2.5-3 inch lift. Shouldn't this have been a fix it type ticket ? There is less tire showing on this Jeep than on any stock full sized pickup truck from the factory. The wife was very upset since this is her only ticket in 30 years of driving. Is there anything she can do other than show up and pay the fine ? The jeep passed safety inspection three days before the ticket. :confused:

Anyone need a complete Cherokee lift since "grandma felon", as my daughter calls her now, doesn't want it any more ?

I bet that UHP's wife is bumping and grinding with a guy who has a modified jeep!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Kidding!!! :D ;) -_-

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Barbie said:
I bet that UHP's wife is bumping and grinding with a guy who has a modified jeep!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Kidding!!! :D ;) -_-

That is exactly what I was thinking. He probably at least lost a girlfriend to a guy with a big truck back in high school. Who knows maybe a card carrying SUWA member.

utahxjer

bobdog said:
That is exactly what I was thinking. He probably at least lost a girlfriend to a guy with a big truck back in high school. Who knows maybe a card carrying SUWA member.
Or he is doing his job.

Put your flaps on and go show the judge, see what he/she will do for ya

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
utahxjer said:
Or he is doing his job.

Werd. You are only getting away with it until you are caught. No use crying about it, or about others who haven't been caught yet.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
utahxjer said:
Or he is doing his job.

Good job on taking a joke! -_-

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
utahxjer said:
Or he is doing his job.

I know he was doing his job, I just don't understand why he couldn't issue a fix it ticket. My son in law who is a police officer laughed about it and said the officer must have been having a bad day. He said he wouldn't have ticketed it. We have fixed the jeep by taking out the lift and flaps go on today.