My last rock chip came from a.....

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Sorry, that was not meant to be a quiz, those are just the last rock chips that I can think of getting over the past few years. I guess I wanted to hear where rock chips really came from and if the 4x4's without mud flaps are really the ones to blame.

Alright sorry I am a Dip S***.

Semi speeding on freshly chip sealed road.:mad:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My last one came from a pickup on the freeway that picked up a rock. My worst "chip" came from a semi that flipped a spoked Caddy hubcap into my windshield almost taking my head off.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Gravel truck on the frontage road in front of Transwest. Two big chips right next to each other at the exact same time.

Brad

The artist formerly known as Redrock5.9
Lumberyard truck on I-80. Fortunately a chunk of ice fell off a building and smashed my hood and windshield a couple of months later. They paid and I have a new chip-free windshield and hood.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
geneva rock truck - I-15 again. I was back a long ways and over 2 lanes and he got me anyways

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Got one in the company car from a mini van on friday:mad: Better make them get some mud flaps

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Man, I can be driving half a mile behind a big truck that has mudflaps an inch off the ground, and a rock will find its way into my windshield. I've had it happen several times. Mudflaps, even if they are on there, do not solve the problem. :mad:

The last one I got on my 55 was from an oncoming semi. It passed me, then a few seconds later a rock smacked my windshield. :confused:

This info is all really great, but unfortunately it won't change any minds. The mudflap laws are here to stay.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I always ask people where they got their chip that caused there crack before an install. Most complain about semi trucks and in tens years no one has ever said a lifted 4x4.

STAG

Following my brother a few years ago... took this right before it happened... dunno if it was the trailer or truck...

Attachments

• 9-8-2007 Wheelin Trip 001.jpg
    9-8-2007 Wheelin Trip 001.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 17

bobmed

- - - -
For some reason when I had a Ford ranger it was like driving a rock magnet.
I got 6 rock chips in it and two cracks, I replaced the windshield twice.:mad:
Most were from dump trucks going north just before Woods Cross.

Jesser04

I got one about 2 weeks ago from a car going over trappers. I called chris at precision and he sent zach over a couple hours later. They are a quality operation.