My new to me 2011 KTM 300 XC

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Congrats on the bike! I've had a love-hate relationship with my '14 300. Had a bit of a set-back after racetech sent the wrong fork springs and it wasn't caught during install, so the bike was pretty much a jackhammer in chop and small stuff at speed. Ended up taking it to Brad at Notch Peak and he got things figured out. Had a re-valve done while he had 'em. Totally different bike now and really liking it.

rholbrook

Harrison sent me this picture. Said it was too tempting to not try it out.
883857B4-EC4D-4EC9-83EC-70C9283AE366.jpg

rholbrook

Don't wait too long to enjoy a light or atleast a lighter feeling bike. Pound for pound the KTM 300 and YZ450F are close but the KTM feels so much lighter. I was/am diehard BLUE but until they get their shit together I will ride ORANGE. A smoker YZ250 with a 300 kit would be fun and inexpensive to build

Last edited:

rholbrook

I am getting all new plastics for this thing. I want to make it all white and KTM doesnt make the white plastic except for the rear fender.

My question is Acerbis or Polisport? Who makes the better plastics?

Caleb

Polisport are what the factory KTM plastics are usually. If you have original plastics, look on the back and often there's a polisport stamp. Acerbic are nice too though.

rholbrook

Today was really my first big ride on my KTM 300 XC. I absolutely love this bike. I can't believe how fun it is to ride. I worked on the jetting the first of the week and think I have it nailed. It came from Pheonix so I had to make some changes. I ended up with a 35 pilot, 162 main and a Suzuki RM250 needle. I took all three of my power valve springs so I could mess around with it. I ended up with the yellow spring with the screw turned out flush. I didn't put the red spring in it yet because I really liked how it was running with the yellow. Maybe next ride

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have found that the jetting guide in the owners manual is a pretty good guideline. The only adjustments I really make away from it is to maybe go up a size on the main if I am going to be riding terrain like sand that will stress the motor more than normal.

rholbrook

I installed the OX left hand brake. The installation was really easy. We ride 5 Miles of Hell Saturday and had lots of opportunities to use it but I'm not used to having it so I forget about it. It was great to have access to the rear brake on tight downhill right handed turns when you have your right foot off of the peg