New and improved New Member night run - March 11th (Updated)

wrangler

for those about to rock..
I'll try to make this, I can drive part two with two seats open. I'll be in the cherokee locked front and rear on 32's with 4.88's. with Sliders.

sixstringsteve

if i go ill take a ride with you on part 2 if there is still room. you sound like youve had alot of experience. id might learn a thing or two :)

the key is sounding like I have experience. I'll save a seat for you, there's still room. You'll learn a lot from the group, I'm not sure how much I can teach ya.

sixstringsteve

I'll try to make this, I can drive part two with two seats open. I'll be in the cherokee locked front and rear on 32's with 4.88's. with Sliders.

hope you can make it, we could use a few more seasoned rme guys to take noobs through rattlesnake. Plus I'd like to meet you.

jdub

Scrambler
I'm thinking about making this. This is a cool event. In any outdoor event, if you are new, books and videos can only take you so far. It's a valuable experience if you can learn from veteran off-roaders. I had no idea about lockers and gearing w/ tire size combination's when I started. That education was had out on trail runs where I could ask.

As a side note for the future. I would like to sit passenger with someone on Constrictor as I have the urge to do the trail but don't want to hack a vehicle to find out that I prefer Expedition type stuff. The concept is still true- the test it out first- idea is brilliant.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
if all goes right I will be out there with my old cj7 and the girlfriend will have her tj... I will have a seat and she might have a seat if we take the dogs... if we don't then she will have 3 seats...

This all a maybe due to its my bday.... not sure what we all have planned yet...

sixstringsteve

I would like to sit passenger with someone on Constrictor as I have the urge to do the trail but don't want to hack a vehicle to find out that I prefer Expedition type stuff. The concept is still true- the test it out first- idea is brilliant.

Sounds good. We will only be doing the ride-along for rattlesnake on this run. Constrictor will be a different day.

airmanwilliams

I want to go again but I need to find someone to make me some cheap sliders, didnt damage the sami this weekend but was very lucky I didnt. ill have to talk to the wife and make sure she doesnt have plans.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I want to go again but I need to find someone to make me some cheap sliders, didnt damage the sami this weekend but was very lucky I didnt.

Forgive me for not being intimately familiar with the Samurai, but are its rockers shaped similarly to a Jeep? In other words, does the body more or less just end with a 90^ straight edge? If so, you may be in luck.

My friend Quinn (I don't think he's on this forum) has a YJ with some sliders he made himself. He just found some scrap angle iron that was about 6" x 6". He cut it to fit, drilled some holes for bolts, had them powdercoated, then bolted them to his tub. They are strong and work very well.

Just an idea for you.

sixstringsteve

yup, you could do that. i've always liked the shrockworks sliders for samis but they are $$$$ and take forever to be built. I'd copy their design though.

I think you're smart to make sliders one of your top priorities

airmanwilliams

well that sounds like what I have with diamond plate on the rockers but I want to get angle iron and bolt it to the fram and then from there take about 4-6 small pieces of pipe or tubing from there to a 2x4 rectangle tubing under the rockers.

airmanwilliams

yup, you could do that. i've always liked the shrockworks sliders for samis but they are $$$$ and take forever to be built. I'd copy their design though.

I think you're smart to make sliders one of your top priorities

yup after running rattlesnake with only a 3" lift and 31's I think I would really like sliders and some truss work on my axles to protect the axle tubes.

LocalRich

I'm thinking about making this. This is a cool event. In any outdoor event, if you are new, books and videos can only take you so far. It's a valuable experience if you can learn from veteran off-roaders. I had no idea about lockers and gearing w/ tire size combination's when I started. That education was had out on trail runs where I could ask.

As a side note for the future. I would like to sit passenger with someone on Constrictor as I have the urge to do the trail but don't want to hack a vehicle to find out that I prefer Expedition type stuff. The concept is still true- the test it out first- idea is brilliant.

After I send the trans and tcases to Marlin crawler from the 4460 car I'll need to take it out to test....

It does have a navigator seat :greg:

ozzy702

I'm interested on going. Won't be able to bring my toy because it's up in willard, I don't have a tow rig or trailer and isn't registered yet. :-\

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend that it's a "date" so she'll bring her cherokee. :D Not sure if she'd want to do part 2 or not so depending upon that we may need seats if there are any available and she's up for extending the trip.

I mainly just want to meet people since I just moved up here from Vegas. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

1TonTom

Poser Offroad Bronco
I'm in as long as I get my shock's hooked up this week....2 extra seat's if I leave my dog's home;)
90 cherokee,Slider's, no locker's this run though....

Last edited:

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
you can excpect to see me there.

i will be driving my Isuzu Trooper, it is completly bone stock with no sliders, or lockers (for those who dont know what i drive). though i may or may not take my moms kick. but that depends on if i want to die or not that night.....