New and improved New Member night run - March 11th (Updated)

Bart

Any idea how many are going? I'll prolly be there with my daughter in her TJ, open/open. She will be driving up the Rattle Snake.

sixstringsteve

wow, I didn't realize we had that many people planning on going. It's going to be a fun run for sure, and a great way to meet new drivers.

I may want to break into 2 or 3 groups... we'll see

If I left anyone out on post #2 let me know and I'll get it fixed.

kulangflow

I'm in. Newb with a stock 91 Nissan HB on 31" tires. I'll drive Part 1, but might need to steal a passenger seat for Part 2.

I might run that trail a couple times between now and then in the daytime. If so, then I will probably drive Part 2.
Looks like I'm out. The wife planned a family trip to Disneyland for next weekend. I just installed my locker last night too.

I'll be up for the next go round.

sixstringsteve

it looks like we could use some more seasoned members to help out.

and if anyone wants to help in the following ways, that would be appreciated:

- photographer
- someone to explain basic winching techniques

Last edited:

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Im planning on being there, you can add me to your part 1 and part 2, Ill have a couple open seats and maybe a friend with an xj tagging along

Awz

Om Nom Nom Nom smack
May not be able to make part 2. I gotta work at 7 the next morning. so it'll all depend on when we finish part 1

Mike

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
May not be able to make part 2. I gotta work at 7 the next morning. so it'll all depend on when we finish part 1

Suck it up, Mike! I've got to be at work the next morning, too (okay, not until 8:30... but, still) and I'll be there for the whole event. :p

Remind me to tell you the story of when two friends and I ran Rattlesnake and Constrictor one Friday beginning at 6pm, only to break 2 of the 3 rigs just as the sun was setting. I got home at 3:30am that night, and I still made it to work on time five hours later.

Actually, I don't have to tell you about it later--you can read it for yourself right now (there are pictures, too!):

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2260417-another-Jeep-trip-on-the-rocks-(pictures-inside!)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars

Adding gas to the fire, today I invited another customer/friend (Jason) to come along. He has a Commander Hemi, all stock, so I'm sure he won't be driving for part 2. I guess he'll have to squeeze into my TJ's back seat.

- photographer

I'm no pro, but I did once own an XD9000i and used it on a few occasions. That experience coupled with other study and research of proper, safe technique means I could explain the basics of winching to a group of newbies if you'd like me to help out.

For that matter, I could help explain other general topics as well (I is an articulate speaker) such as proper hill climbing and descending. Or maybe I can do something else. How can I help? What would you like me to do for the group?

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D

- photographer

i should have a new camera by that time, and i have taken a photo class and read a few books on the subject..... so i suppose i could act as photographer.....:busted::busted::busted::busted:

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
yeah...... there is no way in the name of the holy hefer that my truck would make it up the crawling part of the snakes. especially not with my near bald front tires. i just did some looking up of the snakes, and it will be a few more moons before i can run the snakes all the way thourgh.

Awz

Om Nom Nom Nom smack
Suck it up, Mike! I've got to be at work the next morning, too (okay, not until 8:30... but, still) and I'll be there for the whole event. :p

Remind me to tell you the story of when two friends and I ran Rattlesnake and Constrictor one Friday beginning at 6pm, only to break 2 of the 3 rigs just as the sun was setting. I got home at 3:30am that night, and I still made it to work on time five hours later.

Actually, I don't have to tell you about it later--you can read it for yourself right now (there are pictures, too!):

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2260417-another-Jeep-trip-on-the-rocks-(pictures-inside!)

Well fine then. I'll run the second part just to spite, you... er uh.. me... or... ummm. I'm confused. Guess I could load up on caffeine and sugar and trudge through it. Change to try out my new front bumper, just need to hook up the Hella's

Mike

01XJ

i have a question and i may of missed it but, how come you decided to do this at night?
I think this was asked a few pages back or in the other thread and if i remember right its because he has some friends or something that cant make it during the day or something like that? Correct me if im wrong?