New BFE trail is...... Dropkick!

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
The newest trail being built out at Area BFE will be named Dropkick. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions and voted in the poll in the other threads. We think that Dropkick is an appropriate name for a moderate to difficult trail. Hopefully we will soon be adding a much more extreme route from Dropkick to the top of the ridge, and we are planning on naming it Rage Against the Machine. We have also completed a connector route from the midpoint of Dropkick, down to LockJaw, and back into the lower part of Dropkick, which is called "S&M" (for Stevens and Molter, named after me and my friend Jim who are building the trail).

As of now, Dropkick is cleared and marked from the Strike Ravine wash (downstream a bit from Britney) to a narrow ledge above Lockjaw. This ledge will require some rock removal to safely negotiate. Once past that point, the trail will wind its way around on top for a bit before finally connecting back into Strike Ravine just opposite Green Day. The trail is moderate as of now, with some nice obstacles and plenty of options just waiting to be made. There is also some loose dirt and rock climbs that could become much more difficult over time.

IMGP5281.jpgIMGP5286.jpgIMGP5289.jpgIMGP5293.jpgIMGP5278.jpgIMGP5296.jpgIMGP5301.jpgIMGP5300.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Great news, I think the names will be very fitting!

I like S&M.... the trail name... that's too good. :greg:

Thanks for all the hard work you guys have been putting in, always love new trails at Area BFE! And thanks to Olaf and crew for allowing the expansion!!

Olaf

Supporting Member
We have to keep it new and interesting! I'm so appreciative of the support that Jeff Stevens and Jeff Bates have provided and spearheaded! The park has the trails that it does because of people like them!

Thanks again!

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
You guys are awesome, cant wait to get down there to run the new trails. Thanks to all of you that work
So hard, just so we can come and play. Atleast when i donate, i know its for a great cause. Keep up the
Great work and again, Thanks
Dwayne

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I'm so appreciative of the support that Jeff Stevens and Jeff Bates have provided and spearheaded! The park has the trails that it does because of people like them!

Thanks again!

Olaf, you're welcome! And thanks also to my buddy Jim, who works harder than most guys half his age!

Badbuggy

rock star
Yep, Jim works hard alright. Jeff S is no slacker either. The trail is great, and will be even better when we can remove a little rock on the shelf. Still planning on getting back over before the snow gets too deep. Good job guys.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yep, Jim works hard alright. Jeff S is no slacker either. The trail is great, and will be even better when we can remove a little rock on the shelf. Still planning on getting back over before the snow gets too deep. Good job guys.

If you've got room, let me know... be happy to lend a hand.

Badbuggy

rock star
Sure thing Greg. You know I broke a main leaf spring doing trail maintenance, on Billings. So I have to patch that up, and do a 4 link this winter.

But hey Jeff S! I got my trailer built and used it to haul posts with. I built the hitch, and it seems to work great.
P1010014.jpg

Olaf

Supporting Member
Olaf, you're welcome! And thanks also to my buddy Jim, who works harder than most guys half his age!

I don't want to forget anyone who helps at AreaBFE so I hope that I can get the names of everyone as well as meeting them at some point! Thanks again!