New comp in cedar city

cherokeeman87

i will post pictures soon but its a jeep cherokee locked front and rear abs shafts up front and has an 8.8 rear end in the back but i can put the 8.25 back in for the comp. 11 inch custom long arm in front and leafs in back.
Just Empty Every Pocket..

Craig S

Commando
cherokeeman87 said:
i will post pictures soon but its a jeep cherokee locked front and rear abs shafts up front and has an 8.8 rear end in the back but i can put the 8.25 back in for the comp. 11 inch custom long arm in front and leafs in back.
Just Empty Every Pocket..

Sounds like a cool rig. I'm sure you will have some fun!

notajeep

Just me
Craig,
This sounds like something that I would love to be involved with. But my truck is a little too far past the stock stage I think to compete in the stock type classes.... But yet it lacks the fuel cell, 5 point harnesses, etc that it would need for most modified classes.

TEAM FRED

notajeep said:
Craig,
This sounds like something that I would love to be involved with. But my truck is a little too far past the stock stage I think to compete in the stock type classes.... But yet it lacks the fuel cell, 5 point harnesses, etc that it would need for most modified classes.

I competed in UROC with a stock fuel tank for years so I don't think that should be a problem.

Harnesses are a great idea even for trail rigs and are very inexpensive.

It will be interesting to read the rules when they come out.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I'm going to try my hardest to make it to the class so I can helpout. Maybe later I'll try to compete if after watching a couple event's I think my rig's up to it.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
4x4less on the board might want to compete.. i'll ask him... if he does i'll spot for him... if not, i would love to be an official/judge or something.... let me know if i'm needed..

-Jason

CrawlerCraig

I am pretty interested......and i will be down there that weekend with the utah4x4club group........BUT my rig is FAR past DD but not anything close to keeping up with rock buggies......what are the other classes?? and how much $$ to enter??

Craig S

Commando
CrawlerCraig said:
I am pretty interested......and i will be down there that weekend with the utah4x4club group........BUT my rig is FAR past DD but not anything close to keeping up with rock buggies......what are the other classes?? and how much $$ to enter??

2.1. ELIGIBLE VEHICLES
Vehicles shall be divided into nine (9) classes:
*Legend class (see appendix A) similar to all the mod classes out now
*Unlimited Moonbuggie class (see appendix B) enough said here
*Formula S.U.V. (see appendix C) bolt on mods only
*Sport Truck (see appendix D) most trucks
*Formula Toyota (see appendix E) See pirate4x4.com
*Two Seat Buggie (see appendix F) Most old Comp. buggies that are not competitive anymore
*Stock Rhino (see appendix G) Rhino RTV
*Utilitie 4x4 (see appendix H) Yamaha Rhinos and such
*Super Stock (see appendix I) open vehicles

Entry will be roughly $150

Bart

I want to see the difference in Formula SUV and Sport Truck.
Like if I have a registered TJ, but it is the length of an LJ with bolt on LJ parts, what class would it fall into?
Do dana 60s count as a bolt on part?

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Just an idea, but maybe all classes should be at the judges descretion....if a particular vehicle fits in the rules of one class, but is obviously dominant over the others in that class, move it up a class where it is competitive. This is about having fun and being competitive. It is no fun when someone runs away with it.

Craig S

Commando
Bart said:
I want to see the difference in Formula SUV and Sport Truck.
Like if I have a registered TJ, but it is the length of an LJ with bolt on LJ parts, what class would it fall into?
Do dana 60s count as a bolt on part?

Current preliminary rules for both classes.

C. Appendix C – Formula SUV Class
Formula SUV Class
Competition vehicles in class do not have to be legally registered as vehicles, but approved by Win Rock.

Engine
Restricted to front mounted, automotive engines.

Transmission/Transfer Case
No restrictions.

Frame
All stock and aftermarket frames with custom suspension mounting brackets, cross members for aftermarket parts or different engine combinations allowed. No changes in the basic frame are allowed other than cross members or mounting brackets.

Cage
See general rules.

Body
Body size restricted to OEM measurements. Bodies may not be shortened less than 24" past the rear axle.

Seats
Restricted to at least two seats mounted side by side.

Steering
Restricted to front axle steering only. Ram assist is legal as long as the original power steering box is attached to the main frame and the drag link is attached to the pitman arm and axle providing a mechanical steering linkage.

Axles
Restricted to automotive type axles only. No further restrictions apply.

Suspension
Limited to stock and aftermarket suspension kits with changes in wheel base from reactive suspension movements only.

Wheel Base
Limited to stock vehicle wheel base + or - 3" from center of axle to center of axle.

Brakes
See general rules.

Battery
See general rules.

Tires & Wheels
Tires are restricted to 35" as labeled by the side wall designation.

Fuel System
See general rules.

Safety
See general rules.

Appendix D - Sport Truck Class
Sport Truck

Competition vehicles in class do not have to be legally registered as vehicles, but approved by Win Rock.

Engine
No restrictions

Transmission/Transfer case
No restrictions

Safety Cage
See general rules

Firewall
Firewall must be intact from one side of the cab to the other. Modifications allowed as long as the integrity of the firewall is maintained.

Floor Boards
Protection for the occupants is required to protect them from flying parts in case of breakage. A full metal floor is required of 20 gage metal or aluminum from the firewall the back of the cab.

Frame
All stock and aftermarket frames with custom suspension mounting brackets, cross members for aftermarket parts or different engine combinations allowed. No changes in the basic frame are allowed other than cross members or mounting brackets.

Suspension
Limited to stock and aftermarket kits with changes in wheel base from reactive suspension movements only.

Wheel Base
Limited to stock vehicle wheel base + or - 3" from center of axle to center of axle.

Steering
All steering must use stock type mechanical boxes attached to the main frame. The drag link must attach to the pitman arm on the steering box and the differential. Ram assist and any aftermarket high steer cross over linkage is allowed.

Axles
Limited to automotive axles with no other restrictions.

Brakes
No restrictions

Battery
See general rules

Tires & Wheels
No restrictions

Fuel System
See general rules

Safety
See general rules

chadschoon

I would also like to enter the DD class that would be sweet. I know I could get a few others to compete in it to. pic of jeep is in avatar.

chad

redrocktj

116 long
i think ill compete in this too, just to beat chad haha jk

ill be pissed if i break again though so im going to take it easy....... if thats possible

kobyhud

Lurker
Humm... I guess that puts me into the old comp buggy class in my street legal Daily Driver 38" tired SAS rodeo. Unless we are talking about the toyota class on pirate.. whatever that is...

Tire size restrictions may need to be looked over again. You can fit 38s on a stock full size truck with a little bit of trimming. But it is by no means fair to place it into the comp buggie realm.

Craig S

Commando
chadschoon said:
if you have a full cage, different seats, and 5 points are you still considered to be in the DD class?

That would put you in the DD class if the rest of the equipment lined up. This class is called Super Stock.