New comp in cedar city

Craig S

Commando
kobyhud said:
Humm... I guess that puts me into the old comp buggy class in my street legal Daily Driver 38" tired SAS rodeo. Unless we are talking about the toyota class on pirate.. whatever that is...

Tire size restrictions may need to be looked over again. You can fit 38s on a stock full size truck with a little bit of trimming. But it is by no means fair to place it into the comp buggie realm.

I should have the rules up on www.winrock.us by late Thursday. Look them over and see where you fit best. 38s on a Rodeo are pretty wild.

Craig S

Commando
Below is a description of the event format

Format:
This is an all new format for off road competitions that will allow the use of all current rock crawling and rock racing vehicles to compete against one another in an economical and even playing field. The format combines the best of rock crawling and rock racing by setting up courses that are not designed to damage the competing vehicles. Rather the format will allow exciting competition while keeping safety and economics of the competing teams as a priority.

The teams will compete individually on rock crawling courses for staging and qualifying positions for the Main Event. Times from those courses will be recorded for that purpose. The fastest times will receive the best positions in the matrix similar to drag racing where the fastest time races the slowest time. Thus rewarding the teams that can complete courses quickly.

The Main Event will be heads up rock racing on specially prepared courses featuring the qualified teams in their respective classes. This is being done to provide a clear outcome at the finish of each event so that the fans, racers, sponsers and media know who won their classes.

Craig S

Commando
carsmell said:
-_- You mean I could'nt run my toy just because I put a solid axel in it? Sure would like to .sounds like a blast.:rofl:

There must be a misunderstanding, you should be able to run your Toyota. Please give me a call at 801 367 1395.

rock my world

This will be an awsome event i hope to see all the old crowd, and a bunch of new people too! Lets make this be the next big thing out there. It is off to a great start! Please post here if your interested in helping with staff also, i would like to see alot of our great staff members from the past get back involved. Should put the fun back into the comp

rock my world

this should be a great comp back to having fun again looking foward to seeing the old crowd and i hope alot of new people too. if you are interested in helping out with the staff please send us a post also thanks and i hope to see everyone out there!!!!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I might be interested in competing. I have a Scout II traveller on 38's. My problem is I have a way long wheel base. Are the courses going to be really tight or are the full size rigs going to have a chance at all?

I entered the king challenge and had a blast. I took second in the modified. I cant wait until next year.

How many enteries are you expecting?

With 9 different classes that should cover just about anyone in anything I would guess.

I guess its something to consider.

I will keep checking back to see whats new.

Craig S

Commando
You might fit in the truck class. Look at www.winrock.us rules and see where you fit the best.

ChestonScout said:
I might be interested in competing. I have a Scout II traveller on 38's. My problem is I have a way long wheel base. Are the courses going to be really tight or are the full size rigs going to have a chance at all?

I entered the king challenge and had a blast. I took second in the modified. I cant wait until next year.

How many enteries are you expecting?

With 9 different classes that should cover just about anyone in anything I would guess.

I guess its something to consider.

I will keep checking back to see whats new.