New H3

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
V-DAWG said:
Okay, all you get is 30K, and that includes purchasing a tow rig and a trailer. The comparison is pretty lame. One has a factory warranty, a/c, heat, power everything, nice stereo, can cruise 80+ mph effortlessly and still get good gas mileage, etc. etc. etc., the other one can't even be driven to get a gallon of milk. (I know they can be built to be streetable, but many people don't bother)

If you want the baddest machine, then no, don't buy a H3- but if you want a competent off road vehicle with all the creature comforts then look at the H3.

could build a streetable one easy on a jeep frame or any frame for that matter. could build a toyota truck.

don't rule out that there are lots of other rigs that are just as capable as an h3 and don't get credit. look at toyota tacomas with 31s and an electric locker in the rear, look at rubicons, even some trailblazer come with lockers in the rear. the h3 is not the best thing since sliced bread.

good gas mileage? don't they get like 13? my tow rig can get that while pulling my jeep.

krazz1e

when I first saw one, i thought it looked like a Liberty. I wouldn't drive an H3 OR a Liberty though. manufacturers are wussifying their names by making vehicles like the H3 and Liberty. the H2 was Hummer's 1st step in that direction and now this?? Next we'll see the H4 on a Chevy (Geo) Metro frame with an optional locker and lower gears for those hardcore Wusses. Whatever humms hummer's humdinger I guess. If they sell, SELL 'EM!!!!!

To each his own.

I have a Liberty, and while it's not your average Liberty, I chose it because it is a great daily driver and is unique when 4x4.

I would be the first to admit that it has its limitation, however it can hit any 4 rated trails with no problems. Funny to see people reaction on the trail when they see me.

4-5 years it will get a SFA conversion and then be as capable as it can.

I guess I just like being different, hell my other truck is a rover so I must be missing some marbles :ugh:

As far as the H3, I would be very interested to see how it does on some real trails.... hopefully that 3% of people that wheel will report to us soon.

spiderman

Amish dude
Why is everybody flaming the H3 as being worse than the H2? I don't understand. It seems to me that it is a huge step up! Way more capable, environmentally friendly, and not nearly as big. I bet we see less H3's on 22" bling wheels than H2's. It seems that some people are threatened that they are actually close to the same size as a jeep.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
spiderman said:
......... It seems that some people are threatened that they are actually close to the same size as a jeep.

I welcome other entries into the 'size', but I'm not interested in paying anything for the H3. I don't care for the 'styling' (of the H1, H2, or the H3) and the 'attitude' of H1 & H2 drivers (that I'm betting will carry over to the H3) that they have the ONLY 'worthy' off-road vehicle.

I think a '84 Toy pickup with $3000 in mods/tires/wheels would SPANK any of the Hummer entries in almost any off-road situation.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
This thread sounds like an arguement of whose piece of string is the longest. :)

I saw one today on the road and really like the styling/body. If it had a factory solid front axle I would be in line to get one. Good wheeler/family car at the same time. I doubt the factory rear locker is a real locker. Doesn't GM call their gov-lok a locker? Sorry, I have one of those piles of **** under the back of my truck and it sucks.

EZ