New in box Atlas, 2010 6.0L, TH400

kidkrawler

- Recently rebuilt TH400, redline clutches and band, lowered 2.72 Hughes first gear set, 27 spline output shaft, no converter, I wanted a different speed, very low miles, $350

In Spanish Fork.

Last edited:

kidkrawler

The motor had 140 or 150k miles, it was from a fleet maintained truck that was hit hard in the rear. I had videos of it running and it was bought from a reputable dismantler.

My plan was to run it for a season and determine what I wanted from it.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Man, there is a part of me that would love to swap my TPI 350/700R4 for this 6.0/TH400 especially since the 27 spline will match my atlas and it has the reverse value body... plus the 2.72 it pretty close to my 3.06 first gear... But will it really be worth it?

cjncustoms

Man, there is a part of me that would love to swap my TPI 350/700R4 for this 6.0/TH400 especially since the 27 spline will match my atlas and it has the reverse value body... plus the 2.72 it pretty close to my 3.06 first gear... But will it really be worth it?

Just remember that the motor and Trans is the cheapest part. It's everything else that's going to cost an arm and a leg. I just finished my 6.0 swap in April and I spent way way more than I had ever planned on...

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Is the 400 already set up to mount your atlas? I see you're listing the adapter as part of the atlas sale? If that is the case, what's a package deal on the 400, the atlas adapter, and the shifter?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Just remember that the motor and Trans is the cheapest part. It's everything else that's going to cost an arm and a leg. I just finished my 6.0 swap in April and I spent way way more than I had ever planned on...

Maybe, but has the :D left your face yet?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!

Where I am loosing the small block that already has high pressure fuel system, and there is only an inch between the TH400 and the 700r4, it should be close to bolting in. But you are 100% right, when it comes to ANY jeep project budget TRIPLE what you think it will cost. :D :D

kidkrawler

$650 for Trans, Shifter and adapter.

I should have asked more for the trans, lots of interest but not bought yet.

RockChucker

I have a buddy that has cash in hand to buy your atlas. I would appreciate it if you would send me your phone number so I can pass along the info. Thanks!