NPLD 2011 - 5 Mile Pass Cleanup

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I wish people knew more about this event. I'm surprised how many RME members haven't heard of it.

I am also surprised. It has been posted here for months and U4 sends a notice to all member clubs plus an email to all members. I am looking forward to this as it will be nice to put faces to a lot of the people I have met on RME. I know that WEROCK has taken some people away but there should still be a good turn out.
By the way, I hope you have sign up sheets so we can let the BLM know how many people showed up and how many man-hours were spent helping with NPLD.

builtnotbought

Sorry for the late notice, but I will be out there from 9 to about 11:30! Have to be at that car show after, but with missing the take back Utah rally I fell I had to come get my hands dirty in the clean-up! Looks like u guys got trailers covered, but if there's anything else I can bring to better supply us let me know! 801-548-3832.

Ryan

4biker

I just barely saw this, and I've been lurking here even more often since Noob School. I would be there if I could, but I've got Venture Scouts up Rock Canyon tomorrow morning. Good luck with the cleanup!

builtnotbought

bummer man. just tell them: "Change of plans kids! We are gonna clean our recreation areas in the west desert, so that when your my age the trails will still be available for your use"...

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
The jeep is loaded and ready to go... I have to work from 10-noon, so I'll be out ASAP :-\

builtnotbought

I appreciate you guys setting this up, I had a blast! It was a good turn out between RME, naxja, & a few of us from cherokeeforum! Seen a lot of rigs & atv's out there or in the area who had no idea it was NPLD...

richpblaze

Got out there late

Ran the snakes picked up garbage ran into Ben and Kami that was about it picked up what garbage we could find had a great day thanks again Ben for carrying the bike. :D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So I decided not to go due to several factors, but heard from a few people today that trash was harder to find this year than in years past-- which is great news! That means that either a. less litterbugs are going out and/or b. more people are packing it out when they go out.

If you made it to this year's event, my thanks to you. :D