offroad vehicle insurance

Meat_

Banned
Im an insurance agent and have 1 company that will write my buggy on full coverage for stated amount(17,000). With this company it has to be offroad use only.

I am a Farmers Agent and I have access to Off Road Vehicle insurance includeing custom built vehicle, We have done several buggies with values up to $65,000. There is a way to do it.

I'm mostly interested in liability, but if theft and fire aren't crazy expensive I'd go for that. It would be nice if I could get medical on there.... I have that on my quad.

I'm not interested in changing any of my other vehicles but if you two would let me know where to send my info for a quote it would be much appreciated :D

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
The problem with this, is that there will be no coverage or compensation for the vehicle if you ever have a house fire or other disaster. It won't fall under your homeowner's policy, because all vehicles (OHVs, ATVs, classic cars, etc.) are considered "insurable entities", meaning that they require coverage of their own for protection.

What would be nice, would be if they would develop a boat type policy, where the vehicle has full coverage for certain times of the year, but your comprehensive covereage never lapses. You could call your agent and activate it for a given period of time, let it lapse if you have a couple months where you don't use it, but you are protected in case of fire or theft.

I go through state farm and I suspend all coverage except for the comprehensive on my Jeep and my wifes sports car every winter. It costs almost nothing to have just comprehensive and be covered for theft/fire ect.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
What would be nice, would be if they would develop a boat type policy, where the vehicle has full coverage for certain times of the year, but your comprehensive covereage never lapses. You could call your agent and activate it for a given period of time, let it lapse if you have a couple months where you don't use it, but you are protected in case of fire or theft.

have you ever asked for that type of coverage? that makes sense, i will have to look into that.