OMG... how often do you eat EGGS?!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Carl, Sami, you have a local organic resource in your neck of the woods: Jeremy Elieson's parents have chickens. I stop in when I remember, and grab a dozen or two. They are delicious. PM him for directions. :D

I'm in. They sell them, I take it? Is Jeremy still "Jeremy" on here? :)

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I like mine in a piece of bread with the middle cut out with a mason jar lid.

We call these "egg islands". Butter the bread first, toast the circle cut out also. Eat with jelly. Mmm.
Add a couple slices of bacon and its perfect :)

We often make these while camping for a special treat.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Find eggs from a local farm or even a farmers market who buys direct from local sources. You'll be surprised in the difference. I was made aware of it this weekend by my wife unit.

XJEEPER

Typical morning post-workout meal:

Super Shake (anytime meal)

Add to blender:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 shakes of cinnamon
1 handful of frozen spinach
1 handful of frozen blueberries
4oz. water
4oz. almond milk
1/2 C crushed ice

Blend until smooth, then drink while prepping this........

On Med+ heat, saute in olive oil:
1/3 C sliced red onion
1/2 C chopped bell peppers (red yellow orange combo)

When onions are start to look clear, add 1 spicy chicken sausage (sliced in 1/8" discs) and lightly brown on each side

Remove veggies and sausage from pan in place in glass bowl

Whip 3-4 organic brown eggs (or Costco Real egg whites + 1 whole egg), season with freshly ground black pepper and a few shakes of cayenne pepper.

Scramble eggs, then dump on top of sausage/veggie mix.

Turn off burner, set bowl of eggs on burner to keep warm.

Finish off Super Shake

Top eggs with salsa verde and ketchup, enjoy.

EDIT: works well in a pie iron too.........

Last edited:

mombobuggy

All this talk of breakfast is making me hungry. I vote when the weather warms we camp out at little moab and eat breakfast three times a day I will bring the lamb sausage.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
There is a reason they call it "Bacon and Eggs." I don't get enough of either.

I prefer liquid chicken center to be mopped up with some good sourdough toast.

JoeT

About every day since I have chickens. I love them so much that I will even eat them for dinner. Store eggs I was told are up to 4-6 weeks old. You want a yolk that is golden/ orange colored that means it has high protein. The more yellowish the more stress the chicken is under and the less protein the yolk has.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I buy fresh farm eggs from Gertsch's parents but we only eat them once or twice a week. My favorite sandwich is made with 2 eggs with yolks intact and feta crumbles melted on top, 2 slices of thick uncured bacon, Roma tomato slices, mayo on one side and bbq sauce on the other, all between 2 slices of lightly toasted 9-grain bread. It's pure heaven for the taste buds!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Eggs are nasty.

They smell horrible while cooking, taste like atomic poo, texture feels like a little slice of diarehha in your mouth.

Your discusting for eating them.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Eggs are nasty.

They smell horrible while cooking, taste like atomic poo, texture feels like a little slice of diarehha in your mouth.

Your discusting for eating them.

If the texture bothers you just let them fertilize and then give them awhile before you crack them. They will have a lot more firm texture. Maybe ever crunchy. The beaks are the best part.

sixstringsteve

The only real downside to the fresh eggs is they are really hard to peel if you hard boil them. The fresher the harder they are.

Agreed, but my wife learned a little secret: add a spoonful of baking soda to the water when you boil them.

I have at least 2 eggs a day. I love eggs. And happy birthday!