General Tech Passing Utah safety inspection? New from Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
If you are federally licensed. I think you can. But that is something you have a lot more control over then the modifacation of your vehicle just to travel to another state. My father in law carries his all the time when he travels. He has carried it in atleast 35 states. Cali being one of them. The only time he puts it away is when he is on a plane. Then he only checks it in as luggage. That was a broad statement.

carsonc1974

If you are federally licensed. I think you can. But that is something you have a lot more control over then the modifacation of your vehicle just to travel to another state. My father in law carries his all the time when he travels. He has carried it in atleast 35 states. Cali being one of them. The only time he puts it away is when he is on a plane. Then he only checks it in as luggage. That was a broad statement.

What do you mean federally licensed? I am unaware of any such licencing. Unless you mean some kind of federal agent.... if you are talking your run of the mill, joe schmoe, citizen with a concealed carry permit, this is completely incorrect. While some states have reciprocity with other states, i can guarantee this is not the case with comifornia.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Nothing to fight. It's up to you to know the laws where you're driving, and abide by them. Caleb is 100% correct in his statements.

Here's a couple examples. I can ride my bike without a helmet if I choose. You know what happens if I ride into Wendover? $260 ticket.

My motorhome is 102" wide. Perfectly legal here, but 12 states have a max vehilce width of 96", and it's up to me to know that.

That's ridiculous! They should be fighting those tickets

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
I know nothing about concealed weapons permits. Other then what I have heard. All I know about that is that my father in law carries one on him at all times. no matter were he is. So does my nieghbor. He is a retired FBI agent. Both say they have never had any problems because of the permits they have. Now I am not sure what that means.
The helmet law. I am in favor of that. But I am not allowed to have a motorcycle. My wife is a trauma Doc.
The motorhome. That is another one of those laws that are ludacris. What do they expect you to do, carry a saw with you and cut six inches off. I have seen officers out measuring things with a tape measure. Mostly highway patrol. What a butt nut. One Adam 12 we have a grandma with tinted windows and a oversized, made in the usa, motor home in progress. I would fight it.

Caleb

You should check out the carry laws before spouting off about something you know nothing about. Those are black and white. Your FIL could be carrying everywhere he goes, wether it's legal or not is the point. You can have permits from multiple states and be able to carry in multiple state, there are 35 other states that honor the Utah CFP. California does not honor any states CFP and does not issue permits to non-residents. So if your FIL is not a California resident, by carrying there he is breaking the law.

You can bitch all you want about other state's laws, but the laws are the laws, this isn't complacent, I'm pointing out that you are responsible to follow the laws of other states. Breaking the law because you're too lazy to make sure your comply by other state's laws isn't how you go about changing laws. That's how you get tickets. Also, your example of your granny getting arrested is lame. As I said, you won't be arrested for a traffic violation, she would be arrested for not taking care of the traffic violation, two completely different things.

This is my last post on this, it's like talking to a three year old in trying to explain this. The fact that you don't think it's fair, right, whatever doesn't mean that it's not the case.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
it's like talking to a three year old in trying to explain this.[/QUOTE]
Really. I never condescended on you nor, did I even berate you personally. This was a debate. Nothing more, nothing less.

B2-Bomber

you are subject to whatever laws of where you are. regardless of where you are from

just because police don't usually enforce laws against out of state vehicles, or older vehicles (specifically hot-rods with no turn signals/ no fenders/ no exhaust etc.) doesn't mean they cant

Status
Not open for further replies.