Photobucket Officially Sucks

RogueJeepr

Here!
Well, I was getting pretty close to my limit but got rid of alot of old pics I no longer needed as well as updating my email. All seems good for now I guess.
Also use the app now for ad free usage.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Because its easy to just upload my pictures from my phone to facebook. Then I just copy my links into my build threads.

I quit using photo-bucket years ago. My pictures were always getting de-linked. Why waste my time fixing them all the time.

Why do you link you pictures here instead of just uploading them straight to rme?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I like to use linked photos because I can control the size and make the trip report more visually appealing and not require a bunch of extra clicking.
With RME hosted pics you get thumbnails.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We have new forum software in the works that is going to make photo uploading and sharing much easier. It's taking longer than anticipated because we are waiting for the newest version to release but it will be quite the upgrade from the current platform, especially for mobile users.

We don't mind hosting your 4x4 photos!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'm so mad about this. I have thousands of pictures hosted on Photobucket on hundreds of threads. I even pay for a subscription (albiet at a lower level), but if they think I'm going to pay $40 a month to host pictures... they've lost their minds.

This is going to suck hard fixing all my threads especially on forums like NAXJA and Pirate where you can't edit posts over 3 or 6 months old...

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I think PB thinks they have us by the NADs, but I'm guessing they're going to find out just how much work people are willing to do (and how much they are not willing to pay) to move to a different site.
If only someone would hack PB and replace the "you need to upgrade" image with "SmugMug will 3rd party host for $50/year" :)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Yeah, I'm done with them. I'm not going to worry about fixing all my threads, but I have a lot of pics on there that I didn't back up locally, that's going to be a pain to recover those.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I deleted my account as well. A little tact and reasonable pricing would have gone a long way I think :-\

I noticed many of my PB photos started popping up on google images recently whereas before they didn't. Not upsetting just kinda interesting..

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
So, to possibly help fill the void that photobucket has created... we've launched MCHNE.com (machine, or McHiney, or whatever haha) as an image hosting service for Off-road, 4x4, tech, atv, and other related activities. We'd rather not be a host for your wedding photos and such (unless it's 4x4 related!?)

Let us know what you guys think! The plan is to keep it free with eventual upgrades if we get to a position where it's costing too much to host. Definitely won't do any photobucket shenanigans.

https://mchne.com

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
So, to possibly help fill the void that photobucket has created... we've launched MCHNE.com (machine, or McHiney, or whatever haha) as an image hosting service for Off-road, 4x4, tech, atv, and other related activities. We'd rather not be a host for your wedding photos and such (unless it's 4x4 related!?)

Let us know what you guys think! The plan is to keep it free with eventual upgrades if we get to a position where it's costing too much to host. Definitely won't do any photobucket shenanigans.

https://mchne.com

I like it!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
20170614_110455.jpg

Last edited:

Coco

Hell Yeah!! Now, when I get some free time, I will upload my buggy pictures into it, and try to fix my build thread the best I can. I see this taking some serious time, so this will be a process for a Sunday afternoon, or a weeknight after work. Build threads suck without pictures! Thank you guys for setting this up! Looks like it will be a great platform for picture hosting!

EDIT: Side note, looks like Photobucket actually (finally) deleted my account. Only had to restore it, and delete it again to finally get it done.

Last edited: