pics of a Scout rebuild before TTC

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
It is June 2nd-7th They will be posting updates everyday on Fourwheelers website so check that out.

BTW just got the motor fired on propane for the first time. Seems to be running sweet!!

Im excited

SSII

Wannabe!
Your not leaving much time for wheeling before the event. With the amount of work done to your rig, it needs to be wheeled HARD and tuned before the event. I found it took about 50 miles at low psi to get my 42" Rockers broke in well.

Hopefully some more will drop out. If not, maybe both of us could get in the next year or two to win the event. :D

It is June 2nd-7th They will be posting updates everyday on Fourwheelers website so check that out.

BTW just got the motor fired on propane for the first time. Seems to be running sweet!!

Im excited

ChestonScout

I know. That stupid job I had put me way behind schedule. Im gonna be lucky to have 1 hard wheelin trip on it before the comp. Oh well....what do you do.

Played around for awhile on Sunday tho

Attachments

• 44flex5.jpg
    44flex5.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 61

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Looks good there Cheston! Looks like the front is flexin good and the new 44's are fitting good front and back!! I like the new stance! How is the power with the propane and the 44's?:confused:
Matt

ChestonScout

There is tons of power. I have 5.38 gears plus the Black Box so crawling isnt a problem. Just need to figure out the best gear combo to get the wheel speed going for the mud

I love the way its turning out tho. Did everyone notice the new Powerplant on the front???

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
There is tons of power. I have 5.38 gears plus the Black Box so crawling isnt a problem. Just need to figure out the best gear combo to get the wheel speed going for the mud

I love the way its turning out tho. Did everyone notice the new Powerplant on the front???

Did warn give you that??? or did ya buy it

ChestonScout

I AM IN!!!!

I got the call from Douglas today letting me know that I will be competing.

Kevin Myers is the guy that had the blue jeep on 54" boggers. Ya....he sold the jeep on ebay and was planning on bringing a buggy that he just bought that happens to be Dan Dibbles old ASM buggy from the 06 TTC. Can you say against the rules??? I guess he is super pissed but they told him he cant bring a rig that wasnt voted in by the readers. Common sense if you ask me.

Anyhoo I get to compete! Im pretty excited and a little more nervous now but it will be a blast!

Wish me luck :chris:

SSII

Wannabe!
I AM IN!!!!

I got the call from Douglas today letting me know that I will be competing.

Kevin Myers is the guy that had the blue jeep on 54" boggers. Ya....he sold the jeep on ebay and was planning on bringing a buggy that he just bought that happens to be Dan Dibbles old ASM buggy from the 06 TTC. Can you say against the rules??? I guess he is super pissed but they told him he cant bring a rig that wasnt voted in by the readers. Common sense if you ask me.

Anyhoo I get to compete! Im pretty excited and a little more nervous now but it will be a blast!

Wish me luck :chris:

Honestly I don't even know or care about the other rigs. As you have seen, the top picks never seem to perform well in all levels. It seems that the ones who are steadily wheeling with restraint when needed and don't break, move up.

I call it Cerebral wheeling.:)

Didn't Dan's old rig break? I remember tons of the Idiots on Pirate saying that he was going to win it all too.

You need to hit some mud holes with those Rockers to see how they perform. I found they don't have as much bite as a Bogger in the mud and sand, but they also don't dig down and then move forward like the Boggers. I found they move forward without digging, but with more tire spin than Boggers. So I actually run at a higher gear in the slick stuff.
That shouldn't be taken as a negative either.

I also noticed they are not the Horsepower Hogs like the Boggers are. Don't forget to find a difficult spot and play with the pressures. I know they don't like 9 psi at all. They had the same grip as Boggers. When I air them down to 4-5, they stick like glue on the rocks. It is a DRAMATIC difference.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
CONGRATULATIONS CHESTON!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I have always thought that things happen for a reason... and it is now evident that you quit your job for a reason! It is sort of ironic that I posted something to the effect of someone dropping out this morning on Pirate and then it (sort of) happened this afternoon!!!! AWESOME!!! Now you better get out and trail test that beast and get some miles on those Rockers! I would also let Mike know!! He is out of the office today I think, but give him a buzz! I will try to call him too! Later bud and again.... CONGRATS!!!
Matt

ChestonScout

Congratulations Cheston I'm glad you made it in, Looking forward to seeing you down there, Lets go show these boys how Utah wheels. :)

Good to see you on here finally Byron!! What day are you heading down?

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. I still have some work to do but she will be ready :greg:

mrclean

INTERNET WHEELER
Sorry it took so long, the only time i have to get on here is when i'm at work and the boss is out of town, If i'm at home i'm working on the jeep. I'm headed down sunday morning how about you?

ChestonScout

I think we are going to leave friday morning and go play on the beach saturday. Try to relax a little beforehand. I guess it will depend on how much I get done on the Scout this weekend.

I was really hoping to not be one of the guys wrenching on the truck even after I get there but oh well. Procrastination is just my style.

Let me know if you need help with anything and we will see you there!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
WooHoo! Glad to see you made it in!!! I've been talking to the guys over there and they are just as excited about doing the work as you are competing. :D Wish I could be there to cheer you on, but...:-\ So good luck!!!!