pics of a Scout rebuild before TTC

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
So what was the final verdict??? How did the rockers work??? I know that you blew through the Tank Trap!!!! THAT IT AWESOME!!!!!
Here is a pic that the Willy's posted:
l_b47a6d38cff8bb12de3eacca3c4a1e80.jpg

Glad to see you got back from that trip and the expensive fuel... out of morbid curiosity... what was the most expensive you saw diesel for??

CONGRATULATIONS on completing the Pinacle event of the offroad industry!!! You the man!!!!!
Matt

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Well.......

That was an amazing event!! The rigs were killer but the guys were top notch! There wasnt much of a competition feeling to the whole event. More just a bunch of guys out wheeling. It was awesome. Everyone helped everyone out and we all got along great.

I made a couple stupid decisions that gave me a lot of problems.

The tow test I pulled in to high of a gear and powered out towards the top
Frame twister......I followed the Warthog. He made it through without winching!! First time in 7 years that someone made it without a winch. I FLEW through squeeze rock (getting some cool door damage) and decided to floor it when I hit the logs to see if maybe I could bounce out as well. When I came down my bumpstops failed and my front suspension went threw the oil pan smashing the pump and it made the distributer skip a tooth. I lost all the oil and couldnt get it to run. Tried to winch out but without the tires spinning it pulled the back 2 tires off the ground. Had to call it.
I missed the mud pit because of the damages.

Obstacle course the next day I did decent on. Only one cone penalty and it was a TIGHT turn that I got that on. A lot of guys hit several.
Hill Climb.......yup........I flew up it. I was going WAY to fast and they dug some holes pretty deep. I flopped it over like 50 feet from the top. It was about a 3/4 roll so there was no driving out of it. Pretty fun tho

Mini Rubicon was dang near impossible. Tons of carnage. Only 2 guys made it. I made it about 1/3 the way (5th place I was told) and my low pressure power steering line blew up and I had to call it

Tank Trap. Most fun I have ever had wheeling. I flew threw the first 2 holes, flew through the canyon with minor damages, got hung up in hole 5 and had to winch like 18 inches, blew threw 6 (the deep one) and had to winch out of 7 because of 54"bogger holes. Completed it in 15:56

There are a ton of pics on Fourwheelers website of each event. There are a couple really cool pics of my rolling on the hill climb. Check them out

I cant wait for the DVD!!!!

All in all it was amazing. Once in a lifetime chance. Oh.....I did come home the the hard luck trophy! Douglas thanked me for single handed providing next years winners trophy. It was funny.

ChestonScout

I paid 5.29 for Diesel somewhere past Reno.

I ended up in 7th place. Not bad for missing an event Id say. The Rockers were sweet! I think they held their own against the 49s and the 54s. Now......if they only came in a 49....he he he

Thanks Matt! Im trying to not be dissapointed that I didnt do better. Just a couple bad decisions. Im still amazed that I was there and that I did do as good as I did. Especially in the tank trap.

Congrats to Byron though! He spanked the tank in 8:08!!! Without winching!!!! Clayton made a special trophy for the fastest time in the tank. Byron won it. Good times man......good times.....

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Awesome! Saw a pic of your rig on Pirate today. Glad you had a good time, sorry to hear about the bad luck.

A friend of mine had about the same experience, and got 7th as well LOL weird.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Congrats Cheston, 7th place is very respectable for someone who originally wasn't supposed to be there. Sounds like you put up a good fight and were an excellent sport about the hard-luck. Do you have plans to enter again, next year? How about the job, you have something lined up now that you're home?

ChestonScout

Congrats Cheston, 7th place is very respectable for someone who originally wasn't supposed to be there. Sounds like you put up a good fight and were an excellent sport about the hard-luck. Do you have plans to enter again, next year? How about the job, you have something lined up now that you're home?

I wish I could enter again next year. They only allow you to enter a rig once. I would have to build something else and since the Scout just barely got put together again I dont want to start a new project. Let alone trying to afford it. Im sure I will enter something again someday. I have dreams of a Superduty narrowed and shortened to death running 54s. Someday :greg:

Im going to go back to work with my Dad doing finish carpentry for now. Housing is still really slow but we have enough work lined up for the next couple months and just take it from there.

Im going to have to type up the story of getting the Scout back together after the frame twister. I will do that in a few. Its a pretty sweet story

SSII

Wannabe!
That is why I'm waiting on the 47" Rockers. :) They should be the ultimate tire. The lack of proving time on your recent build is what had me worried. You and I both know if you wouldn't have had those issues, you would probably had a podium spot for sure.

The main thing is, Did you have FUN? That is all what matters. :cool:

ChestonScout

That is why I'm waiting on the 47" Rockers. :) They should be the ultimate tire. The lack of proving time on your recent build is what had me worried. You and I both know if you wouldn't have had those issues, you would probably had a podium spot for sure.

The main thing is, Did you have FUN? That is all what matters. :cool:

I had the most fun that I could possibly have! (with my clothes on that is :D) I cant wait for the DVD. In the rocks....I slid into a big rock and started laughing. Everyone there started laughing and was saying "hes having the time of his life out there" They were right. Hopefully it makes the video. They had the mic in the Scout at the time. It was all fun.

No regrets. A podium spot would have been tough but wasnt impossible

Last edited:
can you say hill climb

Attachments

• ttc08 065.jpg
    ttc08 065.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 12
  • ttc08 066.jpg
    ttc08 066.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ttc08 064.jpg
    ttc08 064.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
  • ttc08 067.jpg
    ttc08 067.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 17
  • ttc08 216.jpg
    ttc08 216.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 43

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Cheston did great considering his series of bad luck. Byron did very well. It was fun. I designed thr obstacle course to be faster, closer (so the cameras could catch all the action), and more difficult considering the extreme rigs we had this year. To make it more fun The drivers could not pre walk the course, but in true safari/baja fasion the spotter /navigator had to use a map to read the course. After I showed the course to the higher ups they thought that it was too difficult so I toned it down a bit.

It was a good course. Everyone seemed to really like it.

The frame twister was the same except longer in the front.

Then Tank trap was the same except for a log obstacle before hole 1 now named Stan's log, and the canyons is getting easier since is is getting wider and more worn out. Hole six did not have myuch water in it this year. Usually 5-6 feet deep, this year only 4-5. If fact we were short on water everywhere. the mud bog was a joke, way too easy!!!! So after everyone blew through the mud course and frame twister we mover it up a notch in the Mini Rubicon. Dan and I put in some deep holes in the Mini Rubicon and that did the job. There was a line, but the line on the right side was destroyed by one of the first comptetitors. Several key rocks moved and made that "easy" line much more difficult.

It was a great time. Thanks to all the competitors.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Congrats Cheston, 7th place is very respectable for someone who originally wasn't supposed to be there. Sounds like you put up a good fight and were an excellent sport about the hard-luck.

X2,
Congrats :D

How did Byron place?

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Picture time. Whos under belly could that be??????

Attachments

• scout.JPG
    scout.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 18
  • wagon2.JPG
    wagon2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 10
  • wagon3.JPG
    wagon3.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 16
  • warthog.JPG
    warthog.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
  • scout4.JPG
    scout4.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 19
  • wagon.JPG
    wagon.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 9

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
More pictures....

Hey who is that good looking judge running along side of the Scout as it blast through the Tank Trank trap.:rofl::rofl::p I figures I ran 5 miles that day up and down the tank trap. Several times I felt like it was running of the bulls as I ran in front of the rigs as they go up the canyon. There is no place to hide!!!

Attachments

• scout7.JPG
    scout7.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 17
  • scout5.JPG
    scout5.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 21
  • scout6.JPG
    scout6.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 14
  • scout8.JPG
    scout8.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 16
  • scout11.JPG
    scout11.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 22
  • scout 9.JPG
    scout 9.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 12

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Here is some more. The warthog finds our first hole in the mini Rubicon.:D Everyone started calling me evil after this.:-\ Yep it even swallowed up those 54's. Hee Hee..

Attachments

• wartog2.JPG
    wartog2.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 35

LT.

Cheston and Bryon have a lot to be proud of!!! Bryon made the Tank Trap look like a nice Sunday drive but, a short one only 8:08 through the whole thing. Cheston made it it about half of the alloted time. I think he was at 15:56 or there abouts. I still cannot get over how cool everyone was at the event. Cheston and his family let me tag along for the entire ride out and back and I think they still kind of like me. No one was upset about broken parts and it just seemed like you could not wipe the smiles off of everyones faces if you tried. I never once saw Cheston, Corey, Eric or anyone in their families with anything other than smiles and laughter. Just some of the best times with the best of the folks anywhere. Thanks again for dealing with me so well and letting me tag along for the ride. I can't thank you or your family enough.

LT.

any time rob it was a lot of fun and yes stan is evil j/k they did a very good job on all the events. im still looking for that good looking judge I dont recall seeing one:rofl: