police lockdown by 5 mile pass

M

muddyjeep

:cool:The worst I ever got out their, was a speeding ticket for 95 in a 55:cool:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Almost true. They really don't care if you fixed it or not ($40 mudflap violation for me). In fact, I think they'd prefer you didn't so as not to deprive them of their cash cow.

Strange thing is, I put flaps on my white Ford truck. The wife was pulled over twice in two weeks right after that for mudflpas on her stock white Ford truck. I wonder if my name on her registration has anything to do with her bad luck?

the old days of fixit tickets has passed... now a days if you get one you have to fix the problem then have an officer sign off on it and then go PAY THE FINE....

My son got a fixit ticket for a burnt out headlight... we fixed it and still had to pay $40 for the fine....

Floydargue

New guy
Nice

Fix it tickets still exist. I got one by UHP for mud flaps. I put some on, got is signed off, and had to pay no money.

We went out 2 weeks ago, and my buddy got pulled over just before Cedar Fort for flare violation. His tires stick out about a half inch past the flares. He let him off with a warning. On the way back to the freeway, he got pulled over in Saratoga Springs for the same thing and got a ticket. I drove right through both ways, so I think I am OK :D.

Yeah, I think they are definitely on the prowl around there for trail rigs. Keep it legal!

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I can gaurandamntee that is still on the books (don't ask)..........

It'll be interesting what the popo's think of the Ford Raptor. 4" lift and 35's from the factory, and not a damn thing they can do about it.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Interesting, I think they took it out of the safety inspection books. My boss told me a few months back that it was no longer a law, he was in charge of our safety inspections which we no longer due. Good to know though, I was going to remove mine but will leave it be.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Interesting, I think they took it out of the safety inspection books. My boss told me a few months back that it was no longer a law, he was in charge of our safety inspections which we no longer due. Good to know though, I was going to remove mine but will leave it be.

It has always been an advise on safety inspections, not a fail.

Caleb

I'd fight the doors ticket. What constitutes a door? Just because it doesn't have glass??? Other than that, tickets suck, but either you keep it legal or you pay their wages. ;)

rollover

Those doors should be legal. You have your outside mirror and they come up over 6 inches. the key point is this: to the extent that the door cannot be opened and closed properly

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/safetyinspections/docs/X2009-2010 SI PLT ManuaL.pdf

Doors: Safety Inspection Manual pg. 65
G. DOORS
1. Check doors and door components for proper operation.
a. REJECT when:
1) Doors are missing when not designed by the original manufacturer to be removed.
2) Doors parts are missing, broken or sagging to the extent that the door cannot be opened and closed properly.
*NOTE: Shaved door handles with automatic releases are allowed provided that when the engine is running, and the vehicle is in drive, the wireless remote cannot activate door release switch.
PLT Safety Inspection Manual, Effective January 1, 2009 pg. 65

Two plates are required: Safety inspection manual pg 15
B. PLATE MOUNTING
1. If the vehicle is registered, inspect the license plates to see that they are securely mounted and clearly visible.
a. ADVISE when:
1) Plates are not securely fastened, obscured, or cannot be clearly identified.
2) Plates have tinted or colored covers. License plates must be displayed horizontally to be read left to right and visible from 100 feet. (UCA 41-1a-403 and 41-1a-404)
3) Front plate is not mounted on front end of vehicle.
*NOTE: Utah Law REQUIRES two plates be mounted on every vehicle, EXCEPT apportioned plates, which only have one plate.
PLT Safety Inspection Manual, Effective January 1, 2009 pg. 15

They want the money even with a fix it ticket. $$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

Jesser04

The way I understand the front plate law. Is they can't pull you over for not having one. If they get you for speeding or something else they can ticket you for no plate. This came from my neighbor who is a Davis county sheriff. They can stop you for improper display though (on the dash) for no reason.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I've been pulled over by a LEO who was infront of me.. He noticed the missing front plate on my old Samurai, and slowed me down in the middle of traffic on 3300 S and just off State St.. Lights on, and his arm out the window pointing at a parking lot that he wanted me to pull over to.. I dislike South SL police officers ever since that incident. I had the plate sitting in the rig cause it fell off while wheeling the day before.

chans

When I was in the DMV getting new plates last week the lady made a point to tell me to make sure I attach the front plate because it is required in this state and you can be pulled over without it.

Last edited:

jsudar

thats exactly how it was explained to me aswell when i contacted uhp about it, if the vehicle itself is made to where the doors are not made to come off i.e Toyota trucks, xj's etc. meaning if the doors aren't made to come off from factory then they shouldn't be off.

If doors weren't meant to be removed, the factory shouldn't have used bolts to put them on.

Does anyone else find it humorous that Utah State law requires a front and rear license plate, but you can't fail a safety inspection for a missing front plate? That has "we want revenue" written all over it.

Back in 2001 (I think, I don't remember for sure) UHP changed the inspection manual to so you could actually pass safety inspection with only one functioning headlamp and tail lamp--it was just an advise. They were writing tickets like there was no tomorrow. It only lasted about eight months, before somebody decided it was too blatant an attempt to generate revenue and they went back to requiring all your lights to work. Funny stuff.

Jesser04

I repeat you cannot be stopped just for no front plate. It is a secondary offense I had a word with my neighbor last night about it. Trust me as one of two D.R.E. In Davis county she is aware of all the bullish!t reasons to stop someone.

Last edited:

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I got pulled over on 5400 W and like 3600 so for no front plate on my Porsche back in 2007. After I was pulled over it was then realized my tags were expired too. I told the cop that they were and he was shocked that he didn't realized it. There was 3 unmarked car pullin people over for no front plates.

Also got pulled over for no front plate coming down Parleys towards Park City. I had it and it has just been broken off while wheelin the weekend before. Only got a warning then. This was back in 99.

Last edited:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Yup, that's what they said about the seat belt law too. Their easy out is "I couldn't see your seat belt", and there's all the reason they need for a stop.

I repeat you cannot be stopped just for no front plate. It is a secondary offense I had a word with my neighbor last night about it. Trust me as one of two D.R.E. In Davis county she is aware of all the bullish!t reasons to stop someone.