• $10, if it was spiral bound, mabey some color photos

Votes: 104 46.0%
  • $20-$30, if it was professionally printed & bound

Votes: 95 42.0%

• Total voters

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
As some of you know I have been doing an extensive amount of research on American Fork Canyon with the plan of writing a small "Trail Guide" style book. I already have dozens of pages of info I have written and compiled, in addition to the hundreds of pages of history and maps I have from external sources. My plan thusfar is to include a breif history on each of the trails, as well as things to see and do along each trail. I want to have an overview map, ratings, milage to trailheads, etc. The main goal of this project is to emphasize the history and exploring that this canyon has to offer rather than just wheeling. With this in mind, please answer my poll questions... :D

Who I want to vote:
  • People in my target market, so those that actually frequent AF Canyon, or would after seeing what is has to offer.
  • Those that love history and wheeling, even if the chances of them making it out to see the places are slim

Who I don't want to vote:
  • Those that can't read
  • Those that could care less about history, your not in my market audience

Last edited:

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
I voted $10. I have never been to AF, but I'd like to and this sounds like a good way to start. I would definately buy this book once I get my truck all fixed up in a year or so. It doesn't need to be fancy. But weatherproof would be nice. Books and maps in my truck get killed by water and mud and sun so quick.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i say pro printing and binding. i love history and trail info all in one book. it would be a book i would want to last for a while, not something i would lose pages out of.

i am looking forward to what ever you decide to do.

Paudrhound

Professionally.......market it right through the right stores and watch your sales sky rocket. I know of a number of people that would buy it for the history alone.
I want one for both!

CJJ92yj

I would like to see a $10 one being that I don't frequent the area all that much. However, if the book looked to be a great asset, as I am sure you are planning, then $30 wouldn't really be out of the question. ok, I'd prolly buy either one!
Chad

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I go there all the time with the wife, we love it. It'd be great to know more history and all the trails that we could do, I'm sure there are tons that I don't even know exist. I'd pay $20 for a decent book, $30 if it's the bees knees. Get your @ss in gear and print it!
Devin

Last edited:

shrubeck

Mmm Commulicious
I'm poor so I'm saying $10. I think I know where all the trails up there are, but I know nothing of the history of the area. I'd get the book more for that than anything. Especially if there are some nice pictures :D .

PBandCJ

like the "sam-itch"
I would really like to see you book published :hickey:
You had a lot of knowledge of the area ,when we where fixing the forest lake trail. :p

I'd pay 20-30 bucks for a nice professionally printed guide.

My wife and I just got back from camping there with my buddy and his wife this past weekend. Stayed in Little Mill but drove up to the Silver Lake Flats on Saturday for fishing, had a blast. We've also gone wheeling up through Mineral Basin about 3 times now, and once my rig is up and running I can see us going a lot more, I love how close it is. You can beat camping, fishing, and wheeling with that scenery less than an hour away.

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
good idea, I wonder if you could sell the $5 version at the entrance to AF canyon, maybe where you pay the fee? Who knows if they would let you, but I would gladly pay 5 bucks for an informative book to go with me up the canyon.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
nvrstuk said:
good idea, I wonder if you could sell the $5 version at the entrance to AF canyon, maybe where you pay the fee? Who knows if they would let you, but I would gladly pay 5 bucks for an informative book to go with me up the canyon.

Not a bad idea...something small, but still with some useful info. Trifold pamphlet? Just enough info to "tease" them into buying the full-on book from Barnes and Noble. :)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks for all the comments and opinions... seems there is a some interest... I really need to get it all finished up (no where close in reality) and then start chatting with publishers, etc.

Thanks again and feel free to add more comments! :D

phillippi

Never enough time
I live in American Fork, so naturally I would love a book at any price, but the better ($20-30) would be best. I would guess it would be a better book and hold up for many years for my kids to read and go up the cyn...

Kurt I think this would be killer. I voted $10 cheapo. This woman does similar thing with here biodiesel hopmebrew guide. Makes a killing off of it. http://www.localb100.com/book.html You'd be suprized at how many people won't cough down $20 or more for a professional quality but will for a $10 homemade book. My opinion if you are selling them yourself. If they end up in stores then a real book is better IMO. Perfect example, I still don't own the Moab book, I guess I have been too cheap so far...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks again everyone, keep it coming...

What I really need to do is sit down with someone that has done something similar, and ask some questions, have them look over my rough research & drafts and see what they think...

I am an engineer by nature, I think of everything in B&W, formulas, etc... I have a hard time writing in a creative manner as I am so used to writing professional research papers, memo's etc. Time will tell...

:D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I voted $10. I think the majority of your market will pay $10 for a well-done "notebook" with maps, descriptions, history, and some pics. I think many of them would not pay $30 for the same information in a nicer package.