Power steering cooler???

Meat_

Banned
Kris K said:
Maybe???

I think i'm still going to put the saginaw pump on for more power for turning, since i have a spool in the front.

I've got the saginaw on my Blazer (obviously) granted it's a 60 and the Blazer is a lot heavier.... with the spool I can't steer for crap, it's essentially undriveable until I get the rest of the hydro done.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
When my power steering works it steers easily, just dosen't turn very sharp. I figure with the more pressure and volume of a saginaw pump on my light weight samurai it should do well. Or alot better then the Nissan pump.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
We've had a perfext record with PSC steering components. Not one issue at all. I would recommend putting a TC pump from them on your application if you think its your pump. Call me if we can help.

647-2935

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Ohms said:
We've had a perfext record with PSC steering components. Not one issue at all. I would recommend putting a TC pump from them on your application if you think its your pump. Call me if we can help.

647-2935

There pumps are nice but $$$$. I need to do this for CHEAP.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Ohms said:
They're actually not too bad at all and if they save you from wasting more time and frustration it's worth it. They are about $175 or so.

I just went and looked at there site. Still to much $$$$ i can get a saginaw pump for free. If i was going to spend $175 i'd just get Hydro. :D .

Thanks for the help though. I'll keep you in mind if i can't get any thing else going. Inless you can get a killer deal on hydro assist.

R

rockdog

Kris, more fluid capacity. ;) Come over and look at mine. I'm not very far from orem. Phil

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
rockdog said:
Kris, more fluid capacity. ;) Come over and look at mine. I'm not very far from orem. Phil

When are you going to be around? What res do you have????? I'm going down tonight to hunt for a saginaw pump. I'm going to try to find one off of a bigger truck like a school bus, so it will have a big res i'm sure.

R

rockdog

Kris, I should be around all afternoon and evening. I have to stick around for the nigerian scam artist to look at my backhoe. I 'll pm you my address.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
rockdog said:
Kris, I should be around all afternoon and evening. I have to stick around for the nigerian scam artist to look at my backhoe. I 'll pm you my address.

Will see if i make it. I need to meet someone about getting in to a house. :(

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
So this last weekend i got a 1 ton chev power steering pump, and put it on got it all together and the pumps bad. :mad:

So now i'm ether looking for another pump, or i'll just get one from Autozone. :D

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Well after trying a bunch of diffrent ways to get this power steering to work everything has failed. We've tried putting a saginaw box on, and it just takes up to much room. Then we got another Nissan box and it won't even move the tire's. :( :mad: :confused:

So I guess I'm in the hunt for a whole toyota power steering set up pump, lines, box off of a IFS toyota. HOPFULLY this will work. If not I'm starting it on fire.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Kris K said:
Well after trying a bunch of diffrent ways to get this power steering to work everything has failed. We've tried putting a saginaw box on, and it just takes up to much room. Then we got another Nissan box and it won't even move the tire's. :( :mad: :confused:

So I guess I'm in the hunt for a whole toyota power steering set up pump, lines, box off of a IFS toyota. HOPFULLY this will work. If not I'm starting it on fire.

Where's the gas and match's.

Well i got a whole toyota set up pump, box and lines. Get it all home the pump dosen't work because it mounts on the passanger side. :( . So we put a saginaw pump on and run it to the Toy IFS box. It turns from lock to lock on the jack stands but on the ground it turns left all the way to lock but when turning right it goes about 1/4th.

If i could freaking figure out how do get the power steering going i could be wheeling.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Kris K said:
Where's the gas and match's.

Well i got a whole toyota set up pump, box and lines. Get it all home the pump dosen't work because it mounts on the passanger side. :( . So we put a saginaw pump on and run it to the Toy IFS box. It turns from lock to lock on the jack stands but on the ground it turns left all the way to lock but when turning right it goes about 1/4th.

If i could freaking figure out how do get the power steering going i could be wheeling.
still got air in the system?

are you sure the pitman arm is on the box right?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
James K said:
still got air in the system?

are you sure the pitman arm is on the box right?

Maybe air? I ran it from side to side and, held it to push all the air out.

I'm pretty sure i have the pitman arm on right. I figure since it could run lock to lock on jack stands.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Kris K said:
I'm pretty sure i have the pitman arm on right. I figure since it could run lock to lock on jack stands.

I just throwung this out there.................before you put the arm on did you have the steering shaft hooked up and run it back and forth to see the amount of turns lock to lock and then turn it so it was center?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
James K said:
I just throwung this out there.................before you put the arm on did you have the steering shaft hooked up and run it back and forth to see the amount of turns lock to lock and then turn it so it was center?

Yep it would turn 4 1/2 turns so i locked it to one side then turned it back 2 1/4 turns back.

It locked from side to side when on the jack stands with the tires on. It's just when it's on the ground it won't turn right. :confused:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Kris K said:
Yep it would turn 4 1/2 turns so i locked it to one side then turned it back 2 1/4 turns back.

It locked from side to side when on the jack stands with the tires on. It's just when it's on the ground it won't turn right. :confused:

Do you have the pump lines in the correct places?