Dodge Power Wagon build (x2)

xjtony

Well did some test fitting today. The headers won't be going on until the transmission swap is done. The header on the driver's side fits just fine but the collector points directly into the mechanical clutch linkage. I could probably cram it in there but it would be really close. The AX15 that's going in is hydraulic so there should be plenty of room

xjtony

Felt good enough to get in the garage for the first time in a month.
20220212_132358_HDR.jpg
Now to get it up on stands to start stripping the full hydro stuff off in preparation to hang it under the Power Wagon.
20220212_132411_HDR.jpg

The BJ 60 behind it is for my buddies XJ. The full hydro stuff will be moved to that axle.

xjtony

I have a question for the carb guys out there.
I can get a deal on an Edelbrock Torker 2 intake manifold for my 360. It's a single plane which is not typically what you would run in a truck (single planes tend to put out higher HP at speed but give up torque down low) but there are a few factors that have me considering it.
1. I have an iron spread bore on there now. No info on the casting number online other than no one uses them.
2. The truck is a stick and I drive it like a 17 year old with their hair on fire so keeping up the RPMs won't be a big issue.
3. The axles have 4.56s and will be running 35-37 inch tires and the Atlas has 3.8-1. Higher RPMs might be favorable here.

Anyone have any real world experience with a similar setup? I have to feel that the stock manifold is so bad that even giving up some low end that the Torker 2 has to still be an upgrade.

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
I ran a T2 on my Mustang for a year and while they often get a bad rap, it worked really well for me. I wouldn’t have swapped it out except that I had a better dual plane available. Also, Richard Holdner just released a video on his YouTube channel comparing stock iron 4 barrel manifolds to aftermarket stuff, it was very revealing actually, I’d look at it. It’s only like 15 minutes.

xjtony

I like Richards stuff. A lot of good info. Engine masters is one of my favorites too. I enjoy real world tests like that.

I went and grabbed it today. New in box. I got it for cheap enough that if I don't like it I can sell it. I'll wait until I do the headers and exhaust to install it. In the nearish future the 360 will get a bigger cam and Holley sniper EFI and this manifold should take good advantage of that.
20220218_171129_HDR.jpg

xjtony

It's a little bit down the road lol. It's about to go down to start the axle swap hopefully this weekend. The AX15 and Atlas will go in next. Oh and the engine for my kids truck, which is under way. And we are doing an axle swap on by buddies XJ. I've got a busy garage at the moment!

Reactions: DAA

xjtony

A bit of plasma cutter time this weekend. I'm doing hydro assist and leafs in the front of the Power Wagon so the truss has to go.
20220221_135538_HDR.jpg
The full hydro stuff is going on a BJ 60 under my buddies XJ. In the spirit of trying to use everything I can from the buggy I threw the truss on some stands...
20220221_135559_HDR.jpg

With a little trimming I think it'll work. It's offset to the driver's side a few inches due to the really short drivers tube on the KP 60 but I think we can make it look good.20220221_135552_HDR.jpg

xjtony

Truss is off. It came off in good shape so we are going to try and clearance it to use on the BJ 60.
20220305_112210.jpg
Now just lots and lots of grinding to clean up the axle.
20220305_123337_HDR.jpg
If I place the leaf perch the same as the cast in one the width ends up within a half inch of the leaf mounts on the truck
20220305_123340_HDR.jpg

xjtony

On to the other Power Wagon. Got the block stripped down. Everything looks good ( the block only has about 5000 miles on it supposedly) for the most part. A little clean up here and there and some new cam bearings from where I messed one up.
20220306_140924_HDR.jpg
20220306_140932_HDR.jpg
20220306_141033.jpg

Here's the only issue I see. There's some pitting in the #5 cylinder. It's not deep and looking at it I think it was like this when the engine was rebuilt. It doesn't look like new damage.

Here's the question... Do you think I can dingle ball hone these pits out or do I need to have the cylinder sleeves?
20220306_141012_HDR.jpg

xjtony

Yeah that one is pretty bad which is weird because the other 7 are perfect. The block is bored .30 over so there should be enough meat to have it bored again.