project bronco script.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
No uptades for a wile..

so Moab was a blast, when we first hit town we went right to hells revange and we parked at the exit and drove up to the entrance witch for me was a bit of a handful...forgot to bleed my brakes and the bronco likes to wonder....a lot...so we get to the entrance and over the first hump and then I have no steering...the main line slipped off the fitting on the orbital...so we bouble clamp it and start bleeding the ram and the line blows....I had a low pressure line on a high pressure system..doh! We ran the trail and then went into town and got the parts needed and limped it out...

And the EFI was still having problems and just sat at camp pretty much after that...

so I have given up with MAF EFI and I'm going with a Chevy TBI setup and I'm really exited for it..

I already got the harness, TB, and computer...just gotta wait till I get the truck done and sell the wife's explorer so I can buy the rest of the parts...

and I'm cinda thinking of changing something....not sure just yet and only a few people know about it but it will be change (I think) that will really set this thing off...

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I'm cinda thinking of changing something....not sure just yet and only a few people know about it but it will be change (I think) that will really set this thing off...

Being out on the trail with your homies again that will be quite the change Mitch cause we've missed the old bronco and you for far too long!!!

J/K man, wanted to throw ya a jab! If ya need any re-enforcement's for the build or just want some time spotting some rigs out on the trail don't hesitate to holler!!!

I'm pretty dang happy with my Cheby TBI setup, did the spacer, the police injectors and the adjustable fuel-press-regulator and now it really rips... the problem with that setup is the ability to provide enough fuel consistently with stock parts.

http://www.cfm-tech.com/trucksarticle.htm

broncomitch

That would indeed be a huge change lol

Thanks for the link!

Yeah...these projects and work have pretty much taken over what little social life I had lol
wake up, work, get off work and ether go to the machine shop and work there or go home and work on projects. then repeat lol

broncomitch

Here is proof the was actually on a trail lol
20140501_105920_zps4982049a.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
20140502_153438_zps8d540327.jpg

got lots of compliments wile I was broken down lol[/FONT]

broncomitch

Starting on the bronco again :)

It is nice to see a normal intake in the ole girl again :)

Working on the wiring now...witch will take some time cus it's missing a lot of plugs and stuff I needed...

imagejpg3_zps163e1bf5.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsb06a444b.jpg

I "black chromed" my valve covers lol
Looks better till I can get some new ones.

IMG

Rock Taco

Starting on the bronco again :)

It is nice to see a normal intake in the ole girl again :)

Working on the wiring now...witch will take some time cus it's missing a lot of plugs and stuff I needed...

imagejpg3_zps163e1bf5.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsb06a444b.jpg

I "black chromed" my valve covers lol
Looks better till I can get some new ones.

imagejpg2_zps813885e7.jpg

Fixed it for you.

broncomitch

imagejpg2_zpsa808df6b.jpg

Got it running... Sorta.

The left injector is cinda clogged, takes awhile to start and once it dose, it won't turn off lol

so got a few bugs to work out..

Was hoping to take it out this weekend but looks like its a no go for now till I can get some more $$$$ for parts. Lol

broncomitch

im sure its pissed off...

I have it moved up against the wall in the shop and a ugly old ranger in the middle...
I have found it doesn't like other vehicles in its house lol

blznnp

Almost got everything taken care of with the engine bugs. I bet it felt good to have it in the trail. Running good or not.

broncomitch

Just can't ketch a brake with the bronco...

Thing is running INSAINLY rich.

And still can't kill the motor when it's running...something with the relays.

About ready to put a tarp over it and let it sit...or just sell it and get a utv. 4 years of disappointment is just a bit much to handle.

Bart

Hang in there Mitch. Remember the fun you had in Moab and take a little break. You've done multiple massive projects on this and it's bound to be a simple fix. Let it sit for a while and then dive back in. You're so close to having it back on the road.

blznnp

You don't want to get rid of it. Took me about 5 years to get my blazer moving on it's own, and it's not nearly as built as your rig. I'm sure it's a small bug that needs to be fixed. Just do what Bart said. I'm sure someone on the forum knows those engines real good and could give some insight.

broncomitch

thanks...guys.
from what I understand its ether the coolant temp sensor (its not) or the map sensor (possible) or the injectors (doubtful) or the wiring problem with the relays (also possible)

just sick of the constant disappointment with the thing... but ill keep trucking...just need to throw more money at it. lol

Bart

I know it's no consolation, but I haven't been able to look at my beast since the tranny broke a couple of months ago on Hanging Tree. I've even had offers for help and I just have to let it go for now. A bunch of friends are heading to Moab on Labor Day and its not going to happen for me. I'll get over it in a while and tear it down. It will be better and more reliable when I'm finished.

broncomitch

just pisses me of, its always so close so I just want to bust it out and get it done...but seems to never want to leave the shop..

I replaced the map sensor and it starts a bit better but still need to give it some gas and still runs rich and still wont rev up...going to re wire the chevy relay and see if that helps sense it still wont turn off when its running....
if not ill probably throw the harness in the trash and buy one (hopefully from howell)