GMC / Chevy Project Dual Sport ; 1998 GMC Sierra

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Looks fantastic, I've always had a desire to basically build this same truck.

I think it's a good platform to build with a solid axle, we will see if it lives up to my expectations.

hotness. I'm so glad you went with a D60 instead of a 44.

Me too! I think it's very well proportioned, between the 1 Ton axles, 5" lift and 37's... it's just about right.

Greg

Admin
One thing I've noticed is that the rear sits a tad low... I may eventually have the stock springs re-arched and see if I can get another inch to inch and a half out of them. There is a chance the front springs will settle as well, since they're new and are Tuff Country's Eazy Ride springs.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Re-arched springs = back to stock height springs a few months later. I wouldn't bother. Get your leveling another way...small block, maybe airbags.....some other option I'm not thinking of....

Greg

Admin
Re-arched springs = back to stock height springs a few months later. I wouldn't bother. Get your leveling another way...small block, maybe airbags.....some other option I'm not thinking of....

Good to know. I already have ORD's "Zero Rate AAL" which is essentially a block that bolts onto the bottom of the spring pack. I really don't want any more blocky-ness... we will see what happens with the front springs.

Greg

Admin

Nice, and X2 on the re-arched springs just going flat again.

Got it, idea of re-arched is abandoned!

So just for shits & giggles...

Before -

P2120677-L.jpg

After -

PA251281-L.jpg

STAG

Great looking truck, but I don't remember it having that many dents when you bought it.:D

I was thinking the same thing, I was wondering if it was your punching bag when you went hulk-status.

Jk

all in all a very clean K series to start with, and some very clean mods. Yielded a great result! I too am curious as to your front bumper plans. The rest of the truck flows together so well it's hard to imagine a bumper that won't stick out aesthetically.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I would laugh so hard if I saw you step out of that at a gas station. I'd be expecting a guy with a full on beard, tatoos, leather jacket, cigarette in his mouth to get out of that rig. I love it though. It totally fits you, but you're not the stereotypical 37" chevy kind of guy. :D

STAG

I didn't know there was a stereotype about 37's on a Chevy, I was considering it in the spring with my tax return but now I'm second guessing it.... but I am tattooless and definitely cigarettless, someone would probably think I stole the truck :D

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I still think you stole your truck. If I didn't know how hard you worked (and how good your work is), I'd think you were driving your dad's truck. I love your rig Chance.

No offense intended Greg. I don't know the first thing about stereotypes. It just looks like such a tough, mean machine, and you're one of the mellowest guys I've met. I think it's cool.

Bart

I still think you stole your truck. If I didn't know how hard you worked (and how good your work is), I'd think you were driving your dad's truck. I love your rig Chance.

No offense intended Greg. I don't know the first thing about stereotypes. It just looks like such a tough, mean machine, and you're one of the mellowest guys I've met. I think it's cool.

Speaking of stereo types, you keep sounding so Expo.

Greg

Admin
Great work! I also like the h2 wheels. Your truck looks very balanced.

Thanks! I agree, it looks 'just right'. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Great looking truck, but I don't remember it having that many dents when you bought it.:D

I was thinking the same thing, I was wondering if it was your punching bag when you went hulk-status.

Jk

all in all a very clean K series to start with, and some very clean mods. Yielded a great result! I too am curious as to your front bumper plans. The rest of the truck flows together so well it's hard to imagine a bumper that won't stick out aesthetically.

Yeah, the dent on the drivers fender was there when I bought it... the crumpled passenger quarterpanel was due to bald tires, deep snow and a very unfortunate wheelbarrow that was buried in the snow, right next to the road! The other little dents and dings were already there.... at the very beginning I mentioned the dents! They probably didn't stick out because the truck was so low, you couldn't really see them!

If I can find another clean, white drivers side fender I will replace it. The rear quarters may get trimmed, we will see.

Just keeps getting better! :cool: Time for a full-size rig only party!

Sounds fun to me! No new dents, please. :p

I would laugh so hard if I saw you step out of that at a gas station. I'd be expecting a guy with a full on beard, tatoos, leather jacket, cigarette in his mouth to get out of that rig. I love it though. It totally fits you, but you're not the stereotypical 37" chevy kind of guy. :D

I'm working on the beard... :rofl: I know just what you're saying, no worries.