Quarterly 4x4 Training day - A RockyMountainExtreme event (noob run 3.0)

jonascalhoun

If you've got room, I'd sure appreciate the chance to go. I'll only be able to attend Saturday (Friday's date night).

It's been a while since I've done any serious wheeling, I went on the Moab Easter Jeep safari a few times about 20 years ago, but I've forgotten more than I've learned.

I've got a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and am eager to put it through it's paces. It is stock, but does have the off-road package, although I'm not sure the standard Michelin tires that Jeep calls all-terrain really are...

Thanks,
Dan

SiRed91

Who all is bringing tents vs trailers? all I have is a summer tent with a cheesy rain fly that doesnt work.....Anyone willing to let me in their big tent? LOL, but srsly, I would like to stay the night and am afraid ill be nothing but wet with the tent i have.

ANy offers?

I don't snore and Im not a snuggler hahahaa

Last edited:

jonascalhoun

Thanks for getting me in, I look forward to meeting everyone and learning. Like I said, not too interested in rock crawling, I'm more of a scenic trails type of guy.

I do have a few questions:

I'm only going to be able to come out Saturday. Will the gate guards be there, or do I need to meet up with someone and caravan?

$20 (can't believe it's that cheap!) Cash or Check or prepay via paypal or something?

Should we bring any equipment (shovels, recovery straps, etc)? I've got a recovery strap that I bought years ago, never used it, but bought it after getting stuck once in the ZJ.

Thanks,
Dan

sixstringsteve

Who all is bringing tents vs trailers? all I have is a summer tent with a cheesy rain fly that doesnt work.....Anyone willing to let me in their big tent? LOL, but srsly, I would like to stay the night and am afraid ill be nothing but wet with the tent i have.

ANy offers?

I don't snore and Im not a snuggler hahahaa

You can pitch a tent underneath the outdoor tent/awning at the park. That should at least keep you dry. Staying warm might be another story though...

sixstringsteve

please bring the following:

- $20 cash
- camp chairs
- warm clothing

If you have any of the following, we would love for you to bring it:

- collapsible table
- fire dish
- firewood

sixstringsteve

I'm guessing Mesha will take a tent. He took one last time and he said it was fine. If my truck didn't have sleeping quarters built in, I'd have no issues sleeping in a tent. Kurt will no doubt be sleeping in his roof top tent.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I will be driving out in my car Friday, driving it home to my nice WARM BED (and wife:greg:) and then drive the truck with jeep out Saturday am.

Sawtooth

Hagisch
It's not even cold for this time of year!Wooses.
But seriously, I have 3 huge packs of link sausage in my freezer if you want em they are yours.

Last edited:

n0rth

Hey all,
Based on the weather and amount of snow at home I will be sitting this one out I hope to make the next one.

J.W.