Quarterly Training Day - July 19-20 Teachers/Volunteers needed

sixstringsteve

I have been looking at previous QTD and it looks like there are a bunch of the same names on the lists. I don't know about you but there is only so many times you can hear the same info. I know that there is great information for the newer people to this sport but why are the same names on about every QTD list. It sounds like there is not enough people to do one every quarter. Maybe it should be semi annual training or maybe even annual training. There would probably be A better showing of new people that actually need some of the training.

Good feedback. I'd love to pick your brain sometime, it could use some more good ideas. Our last QTD was last Sept, so it's been almost a year. And you're right, we've got a lot of the same names on it, with a handful of new people. I'd love to find ways to get more new guys out. I think we get a lot of the same names out there because they enjoy the event, they learn more every time (the presentations are usually different every time), and they bring friends out who need to hear the info.

Another issue is the fact that we don't have instructors to teach the more advanced topics. This thead is proof of that. If we had some more in-depth classes that really taught some deep material, i think it would appeal to more than just the new guys. I know it's a big commitment, a weekend, preparation, criticism from people who think they could do better, and all for no pay and no personal benefit.

This particular QTD was planned short notice, and a lot of our key players (Mbryson, cruiseroutfit, and others) were not able to attend. So that's entirely my bad. Fortunately I have Stephen and Mesha here with me this time, which is very much appreciated.

I'm not great at planning events, I just saw a need and wanted an event for new guys to be able to meet other wheelers and get involved in the wheeling sport/community. So a group of us got together, did some planning, and started holding them. There's lots of potential for improvement to make it a great event one day. We have a great group of guys helping, but we could always use more. I don't have the time or energy to turn it into something bigger without more help.

Last edited: