Ranger shot in Moab

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
we do triple threat almost every moab trip and yeah it takes 8-10 hours solid. i have always started with PSM and gone that way but i was still wondering if we could just do GBR and GS together. if PSM is still closed i obviously wouldn't go for that one, i don't think the LEO's would be impressed if we just showed up :D

i really wanted to do a PSM night run cause we did that over labor day and it was awesome. up by the water fall is a great place to just lay back and look at the stars after a day of wheeling

All combined, those trails make for a long day. I'd hate to come down to the end of PSM only to be told to turn around and go back the way you came. :-\

Bart

we do triple threat almost every moab trip and yeah it takes 8-10 hours solid. i have always started with PSM and gone that way but i was still wondering if we could just do GBR and GS together. if PSM is still closed i obviously wouldn't go for that one, i don't think the LEO's would be impressed if we just showed up :D

i really wanted to do a PSM night run cause we did that over labor day and it was awesome. up by the water fall is a great place to just lay back and look at the stars after a day of wheeling

Not sure how your rigs are set up but you could do Rusty Nail and come in at the crack and finish out on GBR. I'd bet that side of the Spike is open.

N-Smooth

you should always have your .40 with you

it seems like that anymore

Not sure how your rigs are set up but you could do Rusty Nail and come in at the crack and finish out on GBR. I'd bet that side of the Spike is open.

rusty nail lilkely isn't doable for all of the rigs but yeah we could just turn the other way where it splits and go all the way to the crack anyways. that section of the trail is fun

Grim

how many of us have been in this parking lot ( unloading/loading toys, airing up/down tires, waiting for friends/ family)? what if this happend while you where there ? would you be ready for a situation like this ( defend /first aid)?

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
how many of us have been in this parking lot ( unloading/loading toys, airing up/down tires, waiting for friends/ family)? what if this happend while you where there ? would you be ready for a situation like this ( defend /first aid)?

Sure, just turn this all serious and stuff. I think we would all hope we are ready, but in the situation, I don't think a majority of us would truly be ready.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Sure, just turn this all serious and stuff. I think we would all hope we are ready, but in the situation, I don't think a majority of us would truly be ready.

I'd like to think I would be, but I'm really not sure of my reaction in a situation like that? I know what I hope I'd do, but I'm really not sure what I would do?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

Although I grew up with guns and knew how to kill at a very young age, it is still hard to know what to do when you are faced with killing another human being. In the Army I did have to be in situations and make decisions such as this, and thankfully I am still here to type about it. My family doesn't even know most of what I was exposed to and they never will, I'm just glad I'm not as screwed in the head as a lot of my fellow veterans.

N-Smooth

any new developments on this?

we were down there last weekend but we just avoided the PSM area. i must say the trip just wasn't the same without triple threat :(

i'm wondering if anyone knows when it will be reopened cause i'm thinking about going down again this month if it happens

EDIT: called the grand county sheriff's office and they said nothing is closed now... this leads me to wonder if it was even closed last weekend. we just heard it was and didn't want to be a bother so we stayed away

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Wishing there was an update to this. I'm betting the guy is dead out there. If he is, he got off easy. :mad2:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure it was opened up prior to last weekend.

I agree, that dude is probably dead out there.

roverrocks

I hope he's dead out there. Saves the taxpayer a million bucks that would be spent trying him and then him having a dozen appeals over the next decade because the bleeding hearts would blame his childhood, society, and everything else rather than him for his crime.

sixstringsteve

I hope he's dead out there. Saves the taxpayer a million bucks that would be spent trying him and then him having a dozen appeals over the next decade because the bleeding hearts would blame his childhood, society, and everything else rather than him for his crime.

x2

I don't ever wish anyone dead, but I hate to see taxpayer's money go to such a waste as that.

Last edited: