Rattlesnake/Constrictor... Lets make plans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCpugs

Count me in too Kurt, I would love to help. I may even be able to round up a big peice of rebar like the one at the top of upper for a winch anchor.

-Ry

jp008

Weekends are best for me. I'm in and ready to pick up trash. BTW there is an abandoned Mazda truck up in that area as well we need to get rid of. I have the GPS coordinates. It is not as bad as the Rodeo but it still needs to be gone. I can get all the bags we need from Big O tires. I can let them know of the date as well and they will be willing to come out and lend a hand.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
richpblaze said:
Utah IS Full of White Trash, Rednecks, Hicks, Illegal Aliens, who are not edumacated,
??? Blaze
Now let's not deface my name, mkay?

I have always said that there needs to be a permanent winch mount in FRONT of that small tree, something really stout, that can even stand up to Toylet's and such heavy beasts. I've got two sacks of concrete mix in my garage, It will take more, but it's a start.

R

rockdog

cleanup

i'd like to go. weekends work for me. someone will have to winch my fat ass over the nest though. :D

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
Im up for it let me in on knowing when. Ive got tons of bags and probally some stuff for an anchor point. So... let me know what I can do

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
jp008 said:
...I have the GPS coordinates. It is not as bad as the Rodeo but it still needs to be gone. ....

Hey, could you PM the GPS coords of the truck... I will get ahold of the BLM and arrange another car-removal much like the other 3 we got outta there... :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Anchor point:

Lets get something "set in stone" in the next couple days... we have all the access we need to a generator, torches, drills, etc... lets get er' done...

jp008

cruiseroutfit said:
Hey, could you PM the GPS coords of the truck... I will get ahold of the BLM and arrange another car-removal much like the other 3 we got outta there... :D

I believe this is it. I didn't mark it as truck, I just marked it as a waypoint :rolleyes:

N 40* 15.785'
W 112* 11.780'

It is down in some trees of of an ATV trail. Most rigs should be able to get to this spot without destroying anything.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
WCpugs said:
Count me in too Kurt, I would love to help. I may even be able to round up a big peice of rebar like the one at the top of upper for a winch anchor.

-Ry

I have a several pieces of 5/8" rebar that I could donate. I"ll be in SLC tomorrow afternoon, and heading up to American fork on monday. Let me know if I need to bring it along and pass it off to someone.
I'll be checking my email and pm before I head out tomorrow, so if someone wants to meet me somewhere, just let me know and I'll pack it along.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
cruiseroutfit said:
Anchor point:

Lets get something "set in stone" in the next couple days... we have all the access we need to a generator, torches, drills, etc... lets get er' done...

What about a Tree Strap, wrapping it around the tree that get's anchored to, then padlocking the ends of the strap so it stays. Think it would stay?

Mabey we could get the members of RME to step up & donate the funds for the strap?

VANDALL

Me Want 2 Help..............

cruiseroutfit said:

Kurt,
Just tell me the day and time and I will be there.........

VANDALL.

R

rockdog

Greg said:
What about a Tree Strap, wrapping it around the tree that get's anchored to, then padlocking the ends of the strap so it stays. Think it would stay?

Mabey we could get the members of RME to step up & donate the funds for the strap?

I already donated mine! Well ok, we forgot to pick it up when we were through winching. Left it around said tree and someone got a good tree strap. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

richpblaze

That's my whole point

cruiseroutfit said:
Yup.. there are more preferred methods... :D

Let's just forget about the tree and start fresh. If we can drill into a big rock, or what ever needs to be done. Let's do this. And IF any one on this board EVER SEE'S ANY ONE SH#TING on the trail please SHOOT them. Blaze

richpblaze

richpblaze said:
Let's just forget about the tree and start fresh. If we can drill into a big rock, or what ever needs to be done. Let's do this. And IF any one on this board EVER SEE'S ANY ONE SH#TING on the trail please SHOOT them. Blaze

PS I have a generator and a hammer drill.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Shawn said:
Anyone have a broke axle shaft?..........Like a 14 bolt one?

How bout' a broken SF FJ40 rear axle.. they are pretty big (sufficient for a tow point)... I've got plenty of them kicking around...

Status
Not open for further replies.