Northern Utah REALLY quick Rattlesnake run this Friday night, 6/17/13

sixstringsteve

I'm trying to sneak in a quick run through rattlesnake before our annual Fathers and Sons campout. My friend and his son have been wanting to go crawling with me, and since we're camping close by, I figured it'd be a good time to hit rattlesnake.

It's going to be a quick trip, maybe 20-30 min in and out. I'd be happy to play trail guide for anyone who has never run these trails before. I'm just going to run rattlesnake, go up the tailings, look at the jeep in the hole, then exit via sunshine canyon. Post up if you want to come.

Meet @ trailhead at 6:45 PM Friday night, or the 4-corners chevron at 6 PM.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'm up for this. Can we start a bit earlier though? I think I would want to stay a bit longer and play around out there.

sixstringsteve

You're welcome to start earlier and maybe we'll catch up with you. I can't be there 'till 6:45 (I work 'till 5:30 and I still have to pack).

My rig isn't particularly built, so I'll be bypassing the big stuff. I just want to give them a little taste of what rock crawling is like. We wouldn't mind slowing the pace down a little if we have a small group and watching you do the hard stuff.

Last edited:
Fun trail ride, fun group. Thanks for getting me out on the trail.

Constrictor rocks got really slick with the rain.

Really fun to wheel with my kid in his Jeep.

Driving the Jeep to/from was fun and different...but SO prefer towing it, both for the nice (quiet) ride and for the chance to chat about the experience. Also, the drive out and home seemed way longer in the Jeep this time.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

These are the only two I got. Great trip guys, I had a blast.

IMG_20130517_190822_258.jpg

IMG_20130517_192407_828.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

the tan mini is 4x4life's friend. He is a really good driver. I was surprised he didn't have 4.7's, because he sure drove like he did.

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
i agree. this was a fun trip. i got a few pics myself, and here they are:

003 (640x427).jpg
004 (640x427).jpg
013 (640x427).jpg
015 (640x427).jpg

sorry for the bad quality, but that is the only way that i could make them fit :(